• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think you just answered my question in regards to myself. Stick to a compound beginner program until lifts reach an intermediate level.

But say an intermediate lifter who can hit the numbers suggested by Markos, has been training at least 2 years consistently and who's primary concern is to build muscle, would they then be looking at a body part split?

Those numbers are irrelevant to me unless I know more about the trainee. A 60kg lifter is hardly going to hit them as easily as a 90kg lifter.

My general rule of thumb is that if a lifter is both strong and looks like they lift (obvious muscular development, even if carry excess bf% - skinny ripped kids need not apply) then they are good and ready to try a bb'ing split and see if it works for them.

Goosey has it right also
I'm going out on a limb here by saying a "good" routine is the one the trainee believes in.

The bodybiulder is is going to look good in spite go the program rather than because of it.

The bodybiulder is just 1% of the population, then there is the rest of us.

A good program will be one you stick with, enjoy, believe in the principles, etc. True "bodybuilders" will grow regardless because they have the training intensity, experience and discipline to make gains from nearly anything you throw at them.

A basic bodybuilding program just needs to cover all of the basics and have intensity and volume, and lots of both. Then the diet and rest should do the rest!

0ni, I will keep this short. minimal weight and try to lift with only your pecs, lots of exercises lots of volume. Keep going until your boobies can't handle any more then do a couple more sets. Oh. And eat.

OK two months later now... I have gained weight and am lifting the weight with my pecs. I keep adding volume but now I am running out of time in my training! I started off with a set of 10 with 60kg and now I do 10x10x60kg. My pecs are a little bigger but they don't seem to be getting bigger now at all! I'm only getting fat. What do I do now I can't add more volume?

Well 0ni wanted my opinion, I know he won't listen regardless, I am sure that there heaps of powerlifters with big pecs. If 0ni really want big pecs and benching the way he does isn't working then why not try something else.

There's a bodybuilder that I follow that says " if something isn't working now, what makes you think that it will work if you keep doing it".

not that anyone cares..

Can we see your pecs?

FFS This thread needs to be nuked.

FYI, Brad has a fantastic physique & has posted pictures on this forum before, more than once :/

Those numbers are irrelevant to me unless I know more about the trainee. A 60kg lifter is hardly going to hit them as easily as a 90kg lifter.

My general rule of thumb is that if a lifter is both strong and looks like they lift (obvious muscular development, even if carry excess bf% - skinny ripped kids need not apply) then they are good and ready to try a bb'ing split and see if it works for them.

Goosey has it right also

A good program will be one you stick with, enjoy, believe in the principles, etc. True "bodybuilders" will grow regardless because they have the training intensity, experience and discipline to make gains from nearly anything you throw at them.

A basic bodybuilding program just needs to cover all of the basics and have intensity and volume, and lots of both. Then the diet and rest should do the rest!

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. This is in line with my current principles too, so it is reassuring.

Yes, This is worth repeating

And 'Ockham's Razor' coming from Oni, how ironic

Why? My training is incredibly simple
Push volume at 75-85% and practice the lifts often to get good at them
Keep assistance light and mindless going for a pump
You do not get much simpler than this

Why? My training is incredibly simple
Push volume at 75-85% and practice the lifts often to get good at them
Keep assistance light and mindless going for a pump
You do not get much simpler than this

Well Oni, anyone who's read your log and most of your posts would see otherwise

I can link you to bradsky's pics, but out of respect for him, I'll allow him to do that, if he so chooses.

Why does every bb'ing thread turn into a bitch fight between PL'ers & BB'ers??

Grow the fuck up for godsake.

I fail to see the relevence of posting pictures of a fat PL'er, he may have muscle under that chunk, but he's a fat arse. No bb'er aspires to achieve that.

There are loads of lads on this forum who train bb'ing style & routines, who have achieved sensational results & Bradsky is just one of them.

Instead of calling people out & constantly bumping vaginas, have the intelligence to know that there is no one way to train. People have different goals & visions & paths to get there. Respect that & support it. If you can't, then don't fucking post.

Simple yeah?

TDS just joined this forum, he's a competitive bb'er & hopefully he sticks around long enough to share some expertise with those forum members interested in bb'ing training/routine/lifestyle :/ Then maybe these threads will be valuable sources of information, instead of the bullshit they always seem to degenerate into.