• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Inspirational Body Transformations

Bella

Babycakes
So as I shrink, I was thinking about what inspires me. And many things and people and circumstances do, to be honest.

And whilst people tell me I've inspired them, it always makes me chuckle and I realise that losing HOOGE amounts of weight, looks amazing. You go from a tub o' lard, to a smaller tub o' lard, like I am lol - and it visually looks quite incredible because physically you've changed so much.

But I wanted to start a thread, generally about transformations that inspire us all.

I saw this transformation picture below, of a woman who literally lost 1kg. Only 1kg. But the difference in her body is incredible.

It's not about the scale weight, it's about the hard work you put your body through, to get to wherever it is you need to go.

Also sookie requested this pic, so he could show his beautiful wife. Sometimes we don't need to loose weight, sometimes we need to gain weight, sometimes we need to just get fitter, sometimes the aim is to be more muscular, some are competing, some aren't. But every transformation, none the less, is epic all by itself.

This woman actually gained weight, but her body looks amazing!

transformation1.jpg

This woman lost 1kg but the difference in her body is fantastic.

transformation2.jpg

I think it was Mick (Trofius) who said to me at the beginning of my journey on ausbb, something like "Bella, you want to be a tight little package" and he was right, that's the aim. And these two women are exactly that.

Sookie, show your beautiful wife! :p

great idea, Bella!

Totally agree ... it's not about the direction on the scale cos sometimes you don't need it to move and frankly it's irrelevant.

It's about how you feel, what you can do, and also how you look ... the whole fit package.

Sohee is a good one for me ... :)
sohee-lee-before.jpg
sohee-lee-after.jpg

Lost 7kg of fat, added muscle, transformed her entire body.

View attachment 5259

Interesting pic. Her body looks clearly better in after pic, but her face looks better before IMO.

I've had a couple of times where I've lost 13-14 kgs and had family remark that I didn't look as good in the face (harsh family lol)...but the gaunt look is something that people need to watch out for in their weight loss journeys. Sometimes a little more meat on the cheeks is better (that's what she said). These pics illustrate that well.

True. Its funny how people close to you say these things. My friends on Saturday night were saying 'ohh you look great right now, don't lose anymore weight'

Whattafuk?

I would hate to guess my bodyfat percentage right now lol I think they're just so used to seeing us a certain way, that anything tooooooo different begins to look odd to them? I don't know.

But you're right, weightloss usually shows in the face first & some can get that gaunt look fo sho.

*Bella is aiming for gaunt* :D

P.S. Viv, great pic of weight gain! She looks sensational in the 'after' pic!

Let me guarantee you that you know you've gone that bit too far with losing BF when your face goes. Losing fat on the face makes you look ugly for sure.

How do I know? looks aimlessly about the room and whistles....

I've only just got my mum to say I'm starting to look normal in the face and I haven't even gained much BF but it makes a diff (mum is 100% harsh and honest :mad:)

that's why I pull faces at the on stage FMs and BBs ... can't look at the faces...they seem twice their age and then some.
*pulls face and winces*

I'm in absolutely no way calling myself "inspirational".. But a transformation has occurred that I literally only properly realized in the past few days when looking back at old photos etc.. I have been lifting for a bit over a year now, and I've gained around 6kg.. This was really kind of depressing me lately (summer body thoughts have been returning and taking over my "just want to be strong, don't care about anything else" thoughts!).. I found a picture of me a bit over a year ago.. I was 62kg in this pic (left pic).. To the pic on the right where I am 67/68kg (taken last week).. I'm up quite a few kgs, but looking at them side by side, wow do I prefer the second pic out of the two!.. Just reinforces in my head what I should already know (but conveniently often forget).. It's not about scale weight! Scales are bad!.. I've just started a slow cut 2 weeks ago.. Will be hoping to see a bit more of the muscle it seems I've built over the year :)

C7FCB82B-2D42-4F8D-91CF-9B013D98139F-24140-0000120EF8D12789.jpg

You should be very proud of what you have already achieved PowerBarbie. You are looking great! :)

Your pictures deserve to be up here, im sure some of the girls here can get some motivation from your results.

Im the same in regards to scale weight. I seriously need to throw out the scale batteries or something so i stop weighing myself. I too get so obsessed on the number rather than my appearance.

My scale weight hasnt changed in the last 2 months but my waist is the same size, my quads hardly fit into my jeans and my shoulders and chest are noticeably bigger, yet im still disheartened by the fact im the same weight.

Frustrating.

You need to show your lovely wife ;)

If you do that sookie you got rocks in your head, that would not go down well with any woman.

I can see it now,

Sookie: You know how you said you want to get in shape honey, look at what these women did.........

Mrs Sookie: Are you saying I'm fat

Sookie: But you said.....but

Mrs Sookie: Tears

Sookie: Why haven't I had sex in a week, how the fuck did this happen she said she wanted to get in shape. Why, why? All I want is a pants party with Mrs Sookie.

If you do that sookie you got rocks in your head, that would not go down well with any woman.

I can see it now,

Sookie: You know how you said you want to get in shape honey, look at what these women did.........

Mrs Sookie: Are you saying I'm fat

Sookie: But you said.....but

Mrs Sookie: Tears

Sookie: Why haven't I had sex in a week, how the fuck did this happen she said she wanted to get in shape. Why, why? All I want is a pants party with Mrs Sookie.

lol he requested for me to post the one of the woman who only lost 1kg but transformed her body completely. He's been trying to explain to his wife that lifting weights can recontour her body, which is something Mrs Sookie wants to do.

I don't think she needs to lose any weight. But the merits of showing her a body recomp with only 1kg difference hopefully will inspire her to go DL her lovely husband :p

Apologies in advance if you get put in the spare room sookie lol

I will throw some of my archived images on here when I delve into that deep bucket of "never to be seen" images....lol

But where a lot of these images depict women downsizing within the parameters of fitness model lookalikes, I think the real transformer winners are the women who gain life as a normal sized person able to shop from any rack, not be stared at in the street and who regain a new zest for life through weightloss.

I always thought seeing my ab's was the ultimate but having a healthy life at a healthy weight seems to be far more appealing. :)

great idea, Bella!

Totally agree ... it's not about the direction on the scale cos sometimes you don't need it to move and frankly it's irrelevant.

It's about how you feel, what you can do, and also how you look ... the whole fit package.

Sohee is a good one for me ... :)
sohee-lee-before.jpg
sohee-lee-after.jpg

ROFL. All she did was take her clothes off?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious how many of those before and after shots are actually different people? Or how many are the same person but have some photoshopping done?