• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Inspirational Body Transformations

I will throw some of my archived images on here when I delve into that deep bucket of "never to be seen" images....lol

But where a lot of these images depict women downsizing within the parameters of fitness model lookalikes, I think the real transformer winners are the women who gain life as a normal sized person able to shop from any rack, not be stared at in the street and who regain a new zest for life through weightloss.

I always thought seeing my ab's was the ultimate but having a healthy life at a healthy weight seems to be far more appealing. :)

Do it, Kaz! There are some awesome transformations amongst those right here on this forum and yours is definitely one of them.

TBH, I don't feel at all inspired by what i call the "oxygen mag transformations" .. as though suddenly because one becomes fit and healthy one must be shrill and evangelical about it and MUST become a fitness model and trainer and bombard everyone with their story.

I agree that the real inspirations are those that regain, or gain for the first time, a chance at a normal healthy life - to feel great within themselves, have the energy and confidence to live the life they want.

It doesn't matter if it's someone who's been overweight or obese for a long time, had health issues to battle, or been underweight struggling with eating disorders, low self esteem etc.

Sometimes the biggest achievements aren't even those that one can see - it's not all about aesthetics.
For someone to learn good nutrition and feel great, or to achieve a healthy normal relationship with food, or regain the energy to get through their everyday and more.
These things you can't see in photos but make the world of difference to how a person relates to themselves and with others.
I guess it shows in their eyes and the way they walk more than anything.
And that's a wonderful thing to behold.

imho

:)

Transformations are amazing, but one thing that I seem to notice between guys and girls is that a lot of the girls who lose weight take it waaaaay to far.. and end up looking gaunt, boney and ugly... or so it seems anyways...

I'm curious how many of those before and after shots are actually different people? Or how many are the same person but have some photoshopping done?
I build websites for a living and I have graphic artists who can do awesome before and after pics on the same day...

Having said that body transformation is an amazing thing, when you see your body transform it feeds your enthusiasm for working out and validates your thought pattern that "working out is doing me good. Must do more."

I go through cycles of weighing myself, sometimes I do it every day and get pissed with the results while at other times I will go weeks as if to say "fuck you fat cells". Of course my scales don't take into account the fact that I can be losing fat while gaining muscle which can mean that while my weight stays the same I have in fact lost fat.

wingman the exact same thoughts crossed my mind. Some of them turned from fugly to relatively attractive. I mean, I know dropping body fat will bring out the best in a person who's a little heavy, but there's some photo trickery going on there!

wingman the exact same thoughts crossed my mind. Some of them turned from fugly to relatively attractive. I mean, I know dropping body fat will bring out the best in a person who's a little heavy, but there's some photo trickery going on there!

a good photographer can make a lot of difference for most people :D

a good photographer can make a lot of difference for most people :D

add to this that most people wildly understate their BF% post transformation ...

but there are some genuine ones, and most of these aren't focussed just on their appearance.

Transformations are amazing, but one thing that I seem to notice between guys and girls is that a lot of the girls who lose weight take it waaaaay to far.. and end up looking gaunt, boney and ugly... or so it seems anyways...

I agree.

But, if they lift heavy and keep up with protein intake the transformation is better.

Rather than the types that eat salads / only do cardio = heaps of loose skin.

I was about to post the same link, then I saw you already posted it.

Cliff's:

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-10.03.58-AM.jpg

I agree.

But, if they lift heavy and keep up with protein intake the transformation is better.

Rather than the types that eat salads / only do cardio = heaps of loose skin.

James you don't have before and after pics ?

I'm starting to get loose skin on the belly, though still plenty of belly left to burn off.

Not a gul, and I don't care, but Robert Gill did an amazing job of transforming his body... and all without ever stepping into a gym.

I think for the layman and anyone else without even a shred of interest in joining a gym, this guy is a huge inspiration.

before.jpg
after.jpg

Before or After Yourself

Love of the outdoors and some dedication is all that's required.

Bella aint anywhere near done yet...& when I am, I'll post pics in the Hot or Not thread :eek: And then get banned mwahahaha

Those are great transformations lex!

Especially the second guy. His gut was HOOGE in the before shot!

Job very well done lads! And thankyou for posting lex luther. Amazing.

James you don't have before and after pics ?

I'm starting to get loose skin on the belly, though still plenty of belly left to burn off.

Yeah, posted them in another section.

I am 82 kgs down now with 18 kgs to go.

I am hoping I dont have any loose skin by then, I lost the first 65kgs really quick but since then been chipping away and building/retaining lean mass and giving my skin a chance to catch up so no loose skin as yet.

I am hoping I dont have any loose skin by then, I lost the first 65kgs really quick but since then been chipping away and building/retaining lean mass and giving my skin a chance to catch up so no loose skin as yet.
That's really good. Congratulations :)

I just need to give it time. 10cm down in a month(belly)

82 down is fing awesome!

Competing, now, too. I should highlight that my awe comes from the fact she doesn't have any loose skin (and no surgical scars, so... natural?) after just 3 years.