• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ideas for one armed workouts

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
i hurt my right arm overhead pressing and while it seems to be getting better the nature of the injury means that i cant press anything and i cant grip and pull anything overly heavy. so far all ive been doing for the last 3 weeks is squatting and maybe some planks and pullovers. anyone got any ideas on how i could construct a workout until i get over this injury? i dont want to squat every session as i dont recover all that well with the job i have on my feet all day.

so far i have squats, lunges and planks. i want some ideas to get away from the lower body stuff though

got a kettle bell ?
1 arm kb swings , kb turkish getups , kettlebell windmill , 1 arm kettlebell clean

Just get some fucking lite Dumbbells and use that. Fucking hell you can do a one armed DB bench, press, row, curl etc. Its not fucking hard, use some fucking imagination donkey.

Just get some fucking lite Dumbbells and use that. Fucking hell you can do a one armed DB bench, press, row, curl etc. Its not fucking hard, use some fucking imagination donkey.

a bit upset at me are you?

doesnt take much to get you wound up :D

heres a one armed exercise for you:

giving-the-finger-profile.jpg

a bit upset at me are you?

doesnt take much to get you wound up :D

heres a one armed exercise for you:

giving-the-finger-profile.jpg

I'm not upset, its the way I talk. I say fuck and call my friends "donkey" all the time. "Hey donkey/c u n t/brah wanna come to the gym" etc. Why do you get so upset over it? Harden the fuck up mate. This is whats wrong with society these days, a few words that mean't no harm and you give me the finger. No wonder people bash each other so much these days.

Or maybe I should of replied this way:
Excuse me sir, may I suggest you use a light dumbbell and do some one armed work. Thank you kind sir and good day to you.

I gave good legitimate advice and you blew me off because I used a few words. Harden the fuck up.

Last edited:
Didnt read thread. If your shoulder is playing up smash out tonnes of work with an empty barbell if the injury permits it. I guarentee you'll be humbled after 100 or so reps with an empty bar. Whilst strength is out of the question stupid high reps will facilitate the joint healing fue to increased blood flow (depending on the injury) and some saroplasmic hypertrophy.

Didnt read thread. If your shoulder is playing up smash out tonnes of work with an empty barbell if the injury permits it. I guarentee you'll be humbled after 100 or so reps with an empty bar. Whilst strength is out of the question stupid high reps will facilitate the joint healing fue to increased blood flow (depending on the injury) and some saroplasmic hypertrophy.

Yes thats what I was trying to tell the guy to do. Instead of a barbell I suggested a light dumbbell. But he decides to go ahead and give me the finger. Nice.

When I read the topic of this thought it was a joke... as in "one armed workouts ;)" ... But seeing as its for real, hope your injury recovers! Doing the right thing resting it.

But what Lex said for ideas.