• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lance Armstrong's Teammate Tells All - 'The Secret Race'

Straight blood doping is old news. Platelete replacement therapy is something that you will start hearing about soon once the doping authorities finally catch up to the Doctors.

That's not unheard of in most sports these days, a few league players last season were having blood taken and then inserted into the injured body parts to aid healing...

Thats PRP been used for it's legit therapeutic use of treating localised injury, it can however be abused and is all the time. I got a friend who sells the centrifuges they use, bags himself full of platelettes everytime he has a cold or hangover. Its fucking amazing shit.

I find the article quite fascinating. Many of Lance's inner circle have come out over the years, but any talk was quickly quashed....somehow?

I think the blood bag cycling thing is amazing, especially considering we're talking the 1990's here?? I was shocked in the part of the article where it said the cyclists all walked into their quarters before the competition and there were blood bags above each bed, so they could be transfused all night prior to riding :eek:

unbelievable.

It sounds like every team and cyclist was doing it though and the challenge was to stay ahead of the doping authorities so they didn't get caught? Elaborate plans, set ups and schedules, drop off's and infusions...god. How on earth could you even concentrate on the competition ahead while you were worrying about all of that crap? lol

I guess it's more prevalent than we, in mainstream society realise much of the time.....

Hard to know who's not cheating in cycling - more's the pity as Lance was a hero of mine. Not so sure now...

That's show biz.
Who's thinking professional cycling is going to be different than any other profe$$ional sport?

It must be very stressful.

Hard to know who's not cheating in cycling - more's the pity as Lance was a hero of mine. Not so sure now...

cycling does have some very strict drug tests, many riders have been caught out , last big star prior to lance was Contador who got a 2 year sentence for having clenbutal in his system , it was a small amount and claimed that it came from a tainted steak he got from spain

and with the blood passport system that they have now , cheats will get caught out ( a database of dozens of tests taken throughout his career. A rider with an anomaly in his test results will first be targeted for more testing)

Cycling is now a leader in drug testing and policing athletes. As a result of the increased testing there are more positive drug tests, many of which occur at the Tour de France.

Cyclists are closely monitored. they are tested at races, tested at home, tested in hotels — the testers can show up anywhere. Cyclists also need to have regualr update to the anti-doping authorisy of their where abouts ,

It would have to be one of the most heaviest drug testing regimes around

I just wish they'd close the door on the past and look to the future.

Stripping titles is pointless as doping was so rife, who would you give it to?

I hope the ICU makes some decent decisions and start looking ahead and not dredge up the past.

It was astounding what went on but the sport is the most strictly controlled.
Riders cannot travel without filling out where they will be at any given time even in the off season.
Their lives are so policed now.
Unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Is our winner whatshisname also a cheater mmmm

I assume you are talking about cadel ? if so , well if he was on anything he sure as hell needs to find a new dealer after his performance this year

As for Wiggins this year , it was a win that was 5years in the making , plus he has a shit load of backing from the English government

I assume you are talking about cadel ? if so , well if he was on anything he sure as hell needs to find a new dealer after his performance this year

As for Wiggins this year , it was a win that was 5years in the making , plus he has a shit load of backing from the English government

I thought Cadel falling off was the reason for his poor effort.

Yes but Wiggins to win would have to be on something to put himself on a level playing field with the other riders, no ?

I thought Cadel falling off was the reason for his poor effort.

Yes but Wiggins to win would have to be on something to put himself on a level playing field with the other riders, no ?

so if you win you are on something if you lose you were on something but not anymore ?

no other sport has as high drug testing regimes ,