• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lance Armstrong's Teammate Tells All - 'The Secret Race'

Tour de France is bigger now , of course , a lot of marketing , plus they show they are active in combating drugs , they could brush things under the carpet like the AFL does (3 strikes and you get outed)

can't compare what happens in america to what happens in australia , apples and oranges

In AFL it's only a strike if the club reports the offense to the AFL?. I have heard that some clubs give their players three chances before even reporting it to AFL. That would make it a nine strikes and you're out policy?

AUSTRALIAN cycling team Orica-GreenEDGE director Matt White also implicated by US Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) investigation into Lance Armstrong.

Lol the TDF is like the Mr Olympia. May as well not compete if your not taking performance substances or the mountains will eat you alive.

Lance has finally (today) been dumped by Nike due to the doping allegations & report. Be interesting to see the backlash, if any, on his LIVESTRONG foundation & empire..

More to come methinks...

Lance has finally (today) been dumped by Nike due to the doping allegations & report. Be interesting to see the backlash, if any, on his LIVESTRONG foundation & empire..

More to come methinks...

Love how Nike are taking the moral high ground on this..

Child labour ring any bells Nike

Child labour > doping

livestrong is just a con anyway , it only raises" awareness" of cancer and doesn't throw any money towards cancer research despite all the money the foundation generates

Love how Nike are taking the moral high ground on this..

Child labour ring any bells Nike

Child labour > doping
good point

Well thats unfortunate, because I'm pretty sure most people who donate or every person who bought one of those bloody yellow wrist bands with LIVESTRONG emblazoned on it, thought they were contributing to raising awareness & research dollars for testicular cancer :/

At the end of the day, people spent money & donated money because of Lance's amazing & miraculous physical & medical journey. He was seen as a hero & a freak of nature.

I knew he'd step down, to try to give the foundation an opportunity to survive this crisis.

Are people actually surprised by this? Apart from probably pro bodybuilding no other sport has as much drugs involved as cycling. Plenty of others have been caught so it was always pretty likely the bloke dominating the sport was doing it as well.

Not surprised. But I guess its been a witch hunt due to his unwillingness to participate in investigations & his arrogance at having gotten away with it for so long...

So much money & his foundation & empire has been built on the 'all American boy done good' persona.

The fallout has only just begun I would say...

Miguel Indurain won 5 in a row and was aiming for 6 but a bought of bronchitis flawed him
DID HE CHEAT?

Fucken oaf he did. (my view anyway)
EPO was huge in the 90's (prolly still is)

That my point with Lance. Dominated a sport that is flooded with drug use. It's pretty likely they used along with most of the top competitors.

I agree. And that was my point a few pages back, he still beat everyone else, asuming they were all doing it anyway :/

I agree. And that was my point a few pages back, he still beat everyone else, asuming they were all doing it anyway :/
Not necceasarily.
The guys who finish at the rear are probably clean.
The drug takers finish up front.

lol well you'd assume so wouldn't you? But I'm sure thats not always the case. I saw that interview with his long time teammate on 60 minutes & the reporter said to the guy :

reporter :'So you took drugs & Lance took drugs?
Him : 'yes, we both did'
Reporter : 'Lance says you've only come out because of personal gains you're making from this story, he says your character should be in question & you're a sore loser'
Him : 'did he?'
Reporter : 'even though you were both using, he still beat you, every time didn't he'?
Him : 'yes, he still did. He was the better athlete. Lance can say whatever he likes about my motives, but did he say I was lying? Did he tell you what I am claiming is wrong?'
Reporter : (uncomfortable silence) 'no, he didn't'
Him : 'I didn't think so'

lol

It's his arrogance & epic ability to dodge the claims & the doping authorities for so long, that has landed him in this mess. Almost everyone else has said they did it too & cooperated with the enquiry, & I swear to god, I can't remember any of their names, nor do I much care?

But because Lance disputed it for so many years & he & his 'people' fought doping charges with such passion in the past, coupled with his inability to now, after all of this, just tell the truth...its become a witch hunt & a lynch mob.

Which is a shame in so many ways..

lance armstrong quote 30/02/12

"sounds abit like my time, On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?"

Reporter : 'even though you were both using, he still beat you, every time didn't he'?
Him : 'yes, he still did. He was the better athlete. Lance can say whatever he likes about my motives, but did he say I was lying? Did he tell you what I am claiming is wrong?'
also have to keep in mind that lance was the lead rider , the other riders all help to get the lead rider across the line , only time when a rider will go out ahead of the lead rider is when the it is a sprint finish