• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

advice needed for gf workout

jimmy

-Just a question on behalf on my partner - we are getting married at the end of the year and she wants to look her best for the day, god love her!
She has always been naturally thin with a good figure without having to do to much exercise. After having a kid 18 months ago got back into shape pretty quick and got her weight back down to where it was pre - pregnancy. She weighs in at 52Kg and is 168cm tall.
Basically is happy with everything from teh hips up, but wants to firm up her 'wobbly bits - arse and thighs' (her words not mine!)
So after some advice on what would be the best exrcise/s that will give her the most 'bang for your buck' in a short time, and exercise times will unfortunately limited to 1/2 hour to 1 hour per day.
Equipment we have available is my power rack, barbell, plates etc. Kettlebells, as well as general fitness shit I've collected over the years - skipping rope, fitness ball, dumbells, boxing bag, step-up boxes.
We eat very well, so diet is pretty well covered.
Thanks in advance!

Although you cant spot reduce the "wobbly" bits you are able to build some muscle in the areas and when dropping some body fat will harden and tone these areas up.

Exercises i would look at is things like squats, dealifts and SLDL to start with for the quads, hammies and glute area, but i would also work on some core and upper body exercises as well.

Although you cant spot reduce the "wobbly" bits you are able to build some muscle in the areas and when dropping some body fat will harden and tone these areas up.

Exercises i would look at is things like squats, dealifts and SLDL to start with for the quads, hammies and glute area, but i would also work on some core and upper body exercises as well.

Congrats on the baby & good luck with the wedding! :)

Squats, squats & more squats :p

Smithy is spot on.

Just use the barbell and plates, forget the other fluff.

Add bench press, chinups and...
Something like this for the first few weeks as a "break-in period" every day.
1. Full squats 1 set, 20 repetitions
2. Standing press with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
3. Regular grip chinning on bar 1 set, 5 repetitions
4. Bench presses with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
5. Regular grip curls with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
6. Stiff-legged deadlifts 1 set, 15 repetitions
7. Calf raises on one leg 1 set, 10 repetitions
8. Sit-ups with bent knees 1 set, 10 repetitions
Just an example.

Smithy is spot on.

Just use the barbell and plates, forget the other fluff.

Add bench press, chinups and...
Something like this for the first few weeks as a "break-in period" every day.
1. Full squats 1 set, 20 repetitions
2. Standing press with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
3. Regular grip chinning on bar 1 set, 5 repetitions
4. Bench presses with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
5. Regular grip curls with barbell 1 set, 10 repetitions
6. Stiff-legged deadlifts 1 set, 15 repetitions
7. Calf raises on one leg 1 set, 10 repetitions
8. Sit-ups with bent knees 1 set, 10 repetitions
Just an example.

^^^^^this man knows his stuff^^^^^..........are you a P.T. Goosey, or just very experienced?

^^^^^this man knows his stuff^^^^^..........are you a P.T. Goosey, or just very experienced?

I'm just an old bastard that still has a lot to learn.

Over the years I've done cert's Johnny and I train people for free, most love my style and all feel I have a knack for motivating people in a workout, others enjoy the results but dislike the hard work.

Good advice already given. With some muscle on it that ass won't feel so wobbly. I advise repeated testing by you to make sure.