• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dorian Yates

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Dorian Yates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dorian Andrew Mientjez Yates (born April 19, 1962 in Sutton Coldfield, England), is an English professional bodybuilder, winning the Mr. Olympia title six consecutive times beginning in 1992.

Biography

His reign ended with his retirement, prompted in large part by an accumulating list of chronic and career-threatening acute injuries; Yates had suffered both a torn biceps and triceps, the latter just three weeks prior to his final contest, his successful defense of the Mr. Olympia title in 1997. His professional record on retirement consisted of 15 wins and two second-place finishes.

Yates is considered to have revolutionized training in the sport of bodybuilding.[citation needed] He is a noted proponent of Mike Mentzer's espoused style of training, known as HIT or "High Intensity Training". Though as his interviews and published workouts show, in practice Yates himself sometimes modified his application of Mentzer's theories considerably. HIT advocates several different exercises and very few sets for a bodypart allowing it to be hit from all angles for optimum development. He believed that muscle stimulation could be caused in a shorter period of time with the proper intensity rather than working out for extended periods of time.

In 1994 Dorian incorporated with Mike Mentzer and Ray Mentzer the California corporation, "Heavy Duty Inc.

Post competition career

Yates purchased a gym in 1987 called Temple Gym in Birmingham, England. In 2006 he franchised Temple Gym hoping to make it a worldwide chain, currently there are four branches, three of these in the UK.

In 1998, he joined Kerry Kayes to work for the newly named bodybuilding supplement company "Chemical Nutrition" (originally "Chemical Warfare", now "CNP Professional"), with their Dorian Yates Approved range for launch in the United States.

Yates left CNP Professional in 2006 to pursue his own interests and began a new supplement company "Dorian Yates Ultimate Formulas". As of 2008, the Dorian Yates website was re-designed, aiming to offer a variety of services, including virtual training sessions, along with access to premium content.

Books and videos

In 1993 Yates published an autobiography titled Blood and Guts (ISBN 978-0963616302). In 1996 Yates released a workout video of the same title, featuring his typical week's weight training.

In 1998 he co-authored A Warrior's Story (ISBN 978-0953476404) in which he writes how he became the top professional bodybuilder.

Bodybuilding titles

* 1985 World Games, 7th (amateur)
* 1990 Night of Champions, 2nd
* 1991 Night of Champions, 1st
* 1991 Mr. Olympia, 2nd
* 1991 English Grand Prix, 1st
* 1992 Mr. Olympia, 1st
* 1992 English Grand Prix, 1st
* 1993 Mr. Olympia, 1st
* 1994 Mr. Olympia, 1st
* 1994 Spanish Grand Prix, 1st
* 1994 German Grand Prix, 1st
* 1994 English Grand Prix, 1st
* 1995 Mr. Olympia, 1st
* 1996 Mr. Olympia, 1st
* 1996 Spanish Grand Prix, 1st
* 1996 German Grand Prix, 1st
* 1996 English Grand Prix, 1st
* 1997 Mr. Olympia, 1st

Competitive stats

* 1994 olympia stats
* Height: 5' 10" (1.78m)
* Competitive weight: 270lbs
* Off-season weight: 300lbs

* chest 59"
* arms 21.5"
* waist 34"
* thigh 31"
* calf 21"

Dorian Yates Online - Club DY - Welcome
dorian_yates_01.jpg

dorian_yates.jpg

photosales5.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6OGMjwKEgM"]Best of Dorian Yates - YouTube[/ame]

Best RLS ever (in my opinion)

Met Yates 4 times over the last 20 years, he's my 2nd favourite BB'er (Arnold #1)

He probably is the most intelligent BB'er of all time also.

Dorian Yates on His Steroid Use

At his peak (140kg bodyweight) he took 1000mg testosterone, 500mg deca and 50mg (daily) dianabol.
he took 8 units of GH per day when he was a professional

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2TLM7v1oOI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Nh3HGLCwY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PY1VnOUd0U"]Dorian's Seminar in DYNAMITE GYM, III - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyvS6XtakM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OEA8kX9JU[/ame]

Dorian Yates – Into The Shadow
Professional Bodybuilder and 6 time Mr. Olympia winner Dorian Yates sits down with London Real to discuss how his “High Intensity Training” techniques changed the sport, the specifics of his steroid use and its effects, how he psychologically reinvented himself after his abrupt retirement in 1997, and his thoughts on conspiracy theories, psychedelics, and cannabis.
“My techniques were totally against the convention.” – Dorian Yates (08:30)
“You must have a goal.” – Dorian Yates (12:30)
“I started training bodybuilding in 1983.” – Dorian Yates (13:05)
“During weight cutting your mind plays tricks on you.” – Dorian Yates (22:24)
“Steroids are used in all sports.” – Dorian Yates (28:20)
“Back in the 80s we were very cautious about steroids.” – Dorian Yates (33:15)
“We’re talking about 10 years of consistency.” – Dorian Yates (42:20)
“In Brazil I drank Ayahuasca.” – Dorian Yates (56:55)
“There’s a world beyond what we can see and touch here.” – Dorian Yates (57:18)
“I’m in a new place now.” – Dorian Yates (1:02:20)

Dorian Yates - Into The Shadow | London Real - YouTube

Arnold blamed Yates for "starting" the GH and Insulin trend.

Which I am sure Yates had not started, Arnold was just jealous of the guys thickness and grainy look and maybe his work ethic on low volume.

Or maybe he just despised Yates as he was friends with Mentzer?

Got the chance to train at temple gym when I was travelling europe.

Also, Yates training partner is hillarious/awesome in blood and guts, saying those workouts are intense would be an understatement.

Having said that Yates was gifted at least 2-3 if not 4 Olympias. He'll still take them though.