• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Interview with Alan Aragon

Good stuff. Really like Alan's no bullshit, no gimmick approach to diet. It's not something you find very often in this industry.

Alan Aragon is the man!!!!

A change is sweeping through the industry IMO.... The things AA is saying is increasingly becoming more mainstream...

Like Alan, I enjoy preaching against nutritional dogma that is often so subtle that most people don't realize their following it. I also enjoy teaching against performance dogma.

From what I can tell, a better way to lose weight is possibly to lower fat actually. While being on a calorie restricted diet with carb restriction, physical exercise is sometimes quite difficult. As long as the person is genuinely eating enough lipids, they'll be fine. If 5% of their diet is fat....their cactus.

Last edited:
Like Alan, I enjoy preaching against nutritional dogma that is often so subtle that most people don't realize their following it. I also enjoy teaching against performance dogma.

From what I can tell, a better way to lose weight is possibly to lower fat actually. While being on a calorie restricted diet with carb restriction, physical exercise is sometimes quite difficult. As long as the person is genuinely eating enough lipids, they'll be fine. If 5% of their diet is fat....their cactus.

Lol PB. Ill probably go with Alan's advise.

PB I think you may have contradicted yourself (unintentionally) ???

Alan's advice for weight loss is pretty sound - make sure you get at least your min quota of protein and fats and play around with the carbs. For most people that will work.

We're all individuals so of course one would need to play with the amount of fats and carbs if one finds they impact on lipid levels etc (all other factors being equal).

The idea is to keep the carbs as high as you can even in a calorie deficit so as to have minimal impact on performance. That might mean restricting fat to your required min. quota but not below that.

Very logical, sensible advice.

Lol PB. Ill probably go with Alan's advise.

How dogmatic. Just joking.

I may have contradicted myself. My main point was that fat loss with a strategy of lowering fat is a good option when it comes to fat loss. If an individual is operating on 65% carbs, 30% pro and 5% fats, their destined for disaster. That being said we all metabolse macro and micro nutrients uniquely and therefore blanket statements like '55/25/10 for athletes and non athletes' isn't appropriate.

I'll stop now.

How dogmatic. Just joking.

I may have contradicted myself. My main point was that fat loss with a strategy of lowering fat is a good option when it comes to fat loss. If an individual is operating on 65% carbs, 30% pro and 5% fats, their destined for disaster. That being said we all metabolse macro and micro nutrients uniquely and therefore blanket statements like '55/25/10 for athletes and non athletes' isn't appropriate.

I'll stop now.

And you will see in Alan articles and posts he never recommends macro percentages, even mentions it in the article posted.