• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jamie Lewis new book review

harry1970

Elegantly Wasted
Today I bought Jamie Lewis's new powerlifting book called "Destroy the Opposition" - thought I'd post a review.

For those who don't know Jamie he's a 181 lb lifter who competes raw and totals 633/369/661 lb wearing knee sleeves and a belt. He's 17lbs off the world record squat set in 1974.

His book is the definitive guide to elite powerlifting and it runs at around 160 pages. Cost is $25 US.

The book goes into full details on his thoughts, theory and training around the 3 lifts. His writing style is agressive, abrasive and very much in your face - for which he makes no apology. He spends a lot of time going through the programs the best lifters in history have used on each of the lifts and his own experiences on what has worked for him and what hasn't. He holds nothing back and shares what has made him better at lifts and what has stopped him from progressing.

I've gone through the book once now and I'll take my time and go over it a few more times over the next few days. While his writing style will keep you entertained, I suspect this guy has a towering intellect underneath all the bravado. The book is exactly what it states, the definitive guide to powerlifting.

For regular readers of his blog you will find the tone of this book much less abrasive than his blog. I've found myself being turned off stuff he has written on his blog as some of the things he pokes fun at I don't find funny. In the book he has become more of a teacher and less of an antagonist and I think this works well.

So if you bench press, squat or deadlift this book is definitely worth the money. I can see myself referring back to it time and time again.

Before I post a link to his blog where you can get the book I need to warn you, his blog has full blown nudity so be careful if there are any kids around and don't get caught reading his blog at work. You've been warned! ;D

ChAoS & PAIN

I have the book and it is awesome
I normally share these things but as an acquaintance of Jamie's I think you should just suck it up and pay the $25

Would have liked to see info on making weight though

I have the book and it is awesome
I normally share these things but as an acquaintance of Jamie's I think you should just suck it up and pay the $25

Would have liked to see info on making weight though

Reading his blog and pulling your dick to photos of his traps does not make you an acquaintance.

Let me guess - it's totally fucking useless for beginners (like me) ... ? :D

So much stuff is, I've found (yeah, bitch, whine, I know ;)) - I guess "intermediate" is like the sweet spot or whatever. Or maybe that's what a crapload of people think they are, heh.

So I'm wary of buying almost any PDF or book, as it stands.

On the other hand, trying to be objective here, he's doing pretty well with that powerlifting thing, from what I can tell. Maybe the advice in there would be useful for more advanced lifters (and those looking to compete, most of all.)

He's definitely a funny guy, sometimes. :)

So much stuff is, I've found (yeah, bitch, whine, I know ;)) - I guess "intermediate" is like the sweet spot or whatever. Or maybe that's what a crapload of people think they are, heh.

On the other hand, trying to be objective here, he's doing pretty well with that powerlifting thing, from what I can tell. Maybe the advice in there would be useful for more advanced lifters (and those looking to compete, most of all.)

It's very good for beginners actually and he included a few beginner routines

Yep, he has a section at the end for beginners, intermediate and advanced lifters. Having said that for beginners its just time under the iron and effort.

I have read some of it. While I don't mind reading his stuff, most of what I have read so far is just direct cut and paste stuff from his blog.