• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Whey Concentrate or Isolate? Flavours and Taste?

Riddles

OK, this isn't the standard whey vs. isolate question about what's best for my muscles. I'm really just worried about flavour. I'm aiming to get the concentrate because it's cheaper but I'm curerntly using isolate due to some past lactose worries.

Anyway, I bought some of the No Bull sample packs to check out flavours. To be honest despite a lot of good things I've heard about them I'm not impressed. They aren't bad, just my current ones are better. But I'm not sure if my currents ones taste nice because of the flavouring itself or because I'm using isolate instead of concentrate.

My current ones are flavour concentrates from BN added to isolate also from BN.

I've also noticed a few places (e.g. No Bull, Power Nutrients) have a very similar range of flavours. Are they just using the same flavouring or are they different?

TLDR - Currently using WPI with flavour concentrate added. How much different will the taste be with WPC using the same concentrate?

I find WPC i've tried clumps more and has a more unpleasant aftertaste... but that could just be me. I use vanilla WPI and usually add strawberries and blend.

I once bought WPC off NBS as well, but found the flavour too sweet (I got banana and coffee).

However I recently ordered WPC off Protein-n-more and found it to taste exactly like WPI. (Good)

Guess it comes down to the company.

I add cold black coffee to the bn chocolate for when my caffeine levels get low
(only 4 coffees today)