• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Direct

Thanks for the reply, do you mean they wont last long in terms of the quality of the bumpers? Or just the amount of weight? I can't lift very much, but i'm really keen to get into it and figured 155kg would last me a while.

Always buy as much weight plates you can afford.
100kg of plates lasted a few months before I had to purchase more.

Thanks for the reply, do you mean they wont last long in terms of the quality of the bumpers? Or just the amount of weight? I can't lift very much, but i'm really keen to get into it and figured 155kg would last me a while.

Not talking about quality of them at all.
Im not sure what your lifts are now, but if you got 155kg and didnt run out of plates in 4 months id be disappointed.

Unless your serious about doing Olympic lift don't bother with bumper plates.

It's funny you say that. I was just doing some research and found (i think) it's a lot better to have rubber grip plates and a brass bearing bar for compound exercises. I've taken on the beginners program so those are the exercises I'd be doing. Squat - Bench - Bent Row - Deadlift - Military Press - Barbell Curls.( i think ... again)

It's funny you say that. I was just doing some research and found (i think) it's a lot better to have rubber grip plates and a brass bearing bar for compound exercises. I've taken on the beginners program so those are the exercises I'd be doing. Squat - Bench - Bent Row - Deadlift - Military Press - Barbell Curls.( i think ... again)

Good program, thats the one i did. Be consistant with it and you'll have to buy more plates :)

Its 2.8 mtrs high, unless you got a shed bear that in mind most garages/pergolas are 2.5-2.7, inside the hous 2.4.

Can you deadlift inside that with those crossbars at that height? Is there a dip attachment available for that odd looking safety setup, chin up bar looks shit.

Its 2.8 mtrs high, unless you got a shed bear that in mind most garages/pergolas are 2.5-2.7, inside the hous 2.4.

Can you deadlift inside that with those crossbars at that height? Is there a dip attachment available for that odd looking safety setup, chin up bar looks shit.

Good point about the deadlift, i see what you man about the chin up bar too. - thanks for pointing it out.

Good point about the deadlift, i see what you man about the chin up bar too. - thanks for pointing it out.

Why not just get a cheaper rack then you could get more plates, dumbells or a decent bar. There are good quality power racks out there in the 500-1000 range that will do the job. Or look on gumtree and ebay people are always selling them second hand when they quit lifting.

In b4 everyone blasts me for not recommending the noob buy an over priced 'commercial' rack.

I didn't spend up huge on my rack and it does the job. Left me enough money for other goodies.

At PTC where I train, there's 2 Gymdirect commercial racks and 1 Force rack.

The Gymdirect commercial ones are much better in my opinion, but also much more expensive.

The Force one is fine, its certainly not flimsy. The only thing I dont like about it is that its really wide. As in, a loaded 220cm barbell just fits across the jhooks.

I see some Force USA racks on Trojan for around the 530 mark... but they look flimsy?
Power Rack Combo Inc Lat Attachment | Gyms & Benches | Trojan Fitness

I don't mind buying a Commercial rack if it means it'll last me the next 30+years, Instead of a $530 rack that ill start to bend and make creaky noises in a few months.

Going over the flaws of the old rack i as after.. what about this one?

HPRSP Commercial Power Rack

I have the commercial rack. No regrets, it's awesome.