• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DISCUSSION: Should dole participants be drug tested?

Do you think there should be drug testing for those on the dole.

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The government should focus on more productive things...

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
we already have drug testing for car drivers.. what's next? drug testing for Tradies and Lawyers??
there would be no-one left able to work...

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

I used to have to piss in a cup when I did formwork carpentry. The better crane crews and conc pump mobs make their blokes blow the bag in the mornings.

Its rare in construction but not unheard of. Resources sector get tested all the time.

Skipped the last 2 pages.
I think, in a way they should, the majority probably do blow the money on drugs/booze/cigs. But, people are entilited to there way of life, however shit it may have been.

I've been on 'the dole' before, loving life... $550 a fortnight for doing fucking nothings (system is so shitty, you can fake the mandortory stuff). Its great.

I had just finished study (for the second time, after having worked full time), so wasn't working while study, Ausstudy is something stupid like $220 a fornight.

They should boost the Study allowance, so more people can actually study, I had a few K saved up form working, so I didn't really have hard time. You need to get paid more to help out while studying full time. If your studying full time (not Arts degree, uni bullcrap) you should actully get paid something. My study was 40-50 contact/classroom time a week.

Living at home;
I saved money on the dole (a decent amount).
Studying while not working, hard fucking time, no 'expendible income'.
Study partime and working part time , fucking great.

Interested in how many people that have an opinion have been on the dole...

$550 a fortnight , shit last time i was on the dole it was $440 ,had to rock upto the job network member and hear them crapping on about what they are going to do for me and they'll get me a job etc etc , attended a few bullshit classes one was "setting goals and motivation" told the jokers that if i hadn't learn how to set goals and get motivated by now something must be wrong

anyway landed a job and the jokers tried to claim that they found me the job , which means they get a cushie reward from the government , arked up big time at that ,wrote a letter to the department of workplace relations( i think) and told them the job network member was scamming some easy money

knock someone off the dole might give you a feel good feeling "yeah that'll teach that dole bludger" but that dole bludger still needs to live so knocking them off the dole will only send the crime rate up making more pensioners get done over for their cash

I used to have to piss in a cup when I did formwork carpentry. The better crane crews and conc pump mobs make their blokes blow the bag in the mornings.

Its rare in construction but not unheard of. Resources sector get tested all the time.
aye, we have zero tolerance also (as do most bigger companies), but only tested if there is suspicion.

the testing in mining was partly responsible for the popularity of stuff like Kronik, as you wouldn't get a positive result?

back to original point... it's just as easy to blow dole money on the pokies, beer and smokes (or even lotto), but they are all legal and don't help with getting a job :D

what happened to the "intervention" style income stuff they were going to try in bankstown or blacktown or wherever?
CARDLY ANYONE: Government basics card not doing so well | News.com.au

I thought it went ahead but participation was optional/last resort and possibly aboriginal only.

Is there evidence to suggest that the number of drug users on the dole is significantly disproportionate to the number of drug users with a steady income stream?
If no, then drug testing those on the dole would cost a lot of taxpayers dollars for no significant beneft

Edit

Also consider the outcome for a person if they had a serious addiction and their money was taken away. Their funds would dwindle, they would not be able to keep housing. They would end up on the street with little support and evetually die.
Would you like to make a decision that could indirectly take someone's life?

Last edited:
optional with 45 takers out of 5000 places...

so the gumbyment will spend $115million to improve participation rates in the program?

far more money than they would save by drug testing welfare recipients? :D

The scheme is controversial with local community services groups in Bankstown, one of the trial sites.
"It's just a poor, poor, poor piece of public policy," the CEO of Woodville Community Services in nearby Villawood, Pam Batkin, told news.com.au. "It treats adults as children."
Ms Batkin, who held a vigil outside the local Centrelink two weeks after the program had been introduced, said they had yet to deal with any cases.
"It's been very quiet. While we've done a lot of preparation and training on how to support people on income management, we haven't had clients approach us on this."
LOL, the do-gooders are up in arms abotu nothing? :D

Last edited: