• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kyronE

i find what i do isen't cutting it whenever i least expect it i get put out with an injury due to poor warming up attempt. i'd like to know what othey people do to warm up b4 lifts

thats a good point
i just thought i've got form pretty much downpacked and the injurys happen on days i don't warm up properly i've only gotten 2 lat and recently tricep

thats a good point
i just thought i've got form pretty much downpacked and the injurys happen on days i don't warm up properly i've only gotten 2 lat and recently tricep

You sure, I bet there are lots of injury potential mistakes you make (I know I still do) that you could work on correcting. Warm up with the exercise you are doing and just find a method that gets you lifting with best technique and used to to the weight by your working sets without taking away from your energy. Everyone Ian different in this regard.

Most injuries are from momentary loss of normal form or going too hard. Your postural issues can lead to exercise related injuries as well. Significantly weaker on one side, differences in tightness/mobility between limbs, lack of adequate mobility/flexibility/stability in your joints etc.

As far as warmups go i usually start with a couple of sets of 15 reps at a low weight at about 40 or 50% of my work set weight then will pyramid up. but this will generally only be for the first exercise after that i find i am sufficiently warm and dont require warmup sets for the exercises afterward.

i find what i do isen't cutting it whenever i least expect it i get put out with an injury due to poor warming up attempt. i'd like to know what othey people do to warm up b4 lifts

YOu mean "warmup" as in preparing for your work set?
Or warmup as in warming up the muscle?

Either way, Practice makes perfect; as long as you practice perfectly.* Practicing mistakes makes for perfect mistakes.

I trust that's of too cryptic or out of confuckingtext

Don't know what exactly you mean "warming up" but heres a general outline that will help.

Dynamic Warmup

Doing a few movements that'll increase core body temp, increase ROM of the muscles intended for the workout, stretching of the tight muscle groups NOT the ones that are about to be worked ie: dont stretch pecs before benching.

Movement Specific Warmup

for 140kg bench press as example

BB x 15
40 x 10
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 3
112.5 x 5x5 MAIN SETS

Some people will like more reps, some less. Some more sets etc. Just take the jumps small and slow. Not 60 for some, 100 for some, then work sets

Don't know about anyone else but I prefer to do a bit of cardio first 5 to 15 minutes on exercise bike then start with a light weight to make sure my form is okay and I'm limber/mobile enough then get stuck in.

Shoulder warm up:

Foam rolling upper back
Ball work upper back, chest
Snow Angels on foam roller
Pec minor stretch on foam roller (assisted)
Lat stretches (various)
Shoulder dislocates
Internal rotation stretch/movement

This is due to two shitty shoulders (one weak and one tight). I also try to do this every day.

Shoulder warm up:

Foam rolling upper back
Ball work upper back, chest
Snow Angels on foam roller
Pec minor stretch on foam roller (assisted)
Lat stretches (various)
Shoulder dislocates
Internal rotation stretch/movement

This is due to two shitty shoulders (one weak and one tight). I also try to do this every day.

how long does that take all up?

how long does that take all up?

15. I will also do things during warmup sets too. Plus normally i have the time free being i at the gym. Rolling/Ball work is not long 1 minute in main spots (non warmup it would be longer) each probably takes 5. Stretches take 5 minutes. Dislocates done during warm up sets as well as snow angels/scap retraction work. The difference in how I feel when pressing is immense though.

Outside of a warmup i might spend 30 minute spread throughout the day doing them.

15-20 minutes walk at least. lately split it between walking and jogging.

then a few light sets for each muscle group.

Nowadays I just walk a bit, getting my mindset right. Then a bit of descrete Boxing/MMA drilling. Then into it.