• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stir fry recipies needed

YoHoJo

Just wondering in anyone had any good stirfry recipies they wouldn't mind sharing for dinner lunch whatever

I have been making sandwiches and wraps but it's been a pain hitting my protien goal for the day

At coles or woolies there is some Asian simmer sauce by lee kum Kim or something like that. The flavour is awesome.

Other times ill use a
Chopped garlic
Oyster sauce
Fish sauce
Soya sauce.

Cant wait til pineapples r cheap. Wouldn't mind pineapple beef and fish sauce lol. Poor mans food

breast chicken always the best,also a trick is to add 2 cubes of chicken stock dissolve in hot water and add when combined mix.Snow peas,broccolli, add all the fresh vegies you want,noodles of your choice,i like to cook with the thick noodles or sometimes the rice noodles,also the special soy sauce to use i cant remember,oyster sauce.Yeah just off the top of my head.

you can basically use anything for a stir fry but thing i will genereally use are

Sweet chilli sauce
Garlic
Soy Sauce
Fish sauce
oyster sauce
wurstershire sauce
pepper
chilli

and then just add you noodles, meat either chicken or beef and whatever veggies.

What kind of stir-fries do you like, OP? I have some recipes, but you might not like 'em all.

I just made a real nice one tonight for dinner... 1 tomato 3x bokchu purple gabbage mushroom asparagus Just dice 2 cups of each and stirfry in a pan. You don't need any sauces or stock for this one, just a bit of oil at the start, the juices mix together creating its own flavor. Cook til everything reduces down. You start out with heaps but it ends up the perfect amount. I had the above with grilled salmon marinated in a mix of soy sauce, brown sugar and a dash of chilli. No reason why you couldn't dice the fish up and put into your stir-fry as well.

2 1/2 tb sp fish sauce
3 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
Chillie flakes or fresh chillie
2-3 teaspoon brown sugar/ grated palm sugar
Inch size piece of galangal or ginger
6 cloves of garlic
200ml coconut milk

Fry the garlic and ginger with a finely diced onion. Chuck in 500g of chopped thigh fillet, cook. Chuck in a chopped red capsicum, broccoli, hinly sliced carrot or whatever else. Add the liquids, simmer for a few and serve on rice. If you can get Thai bail, chuck some in a minute or two before serving.

I try and keep mine basic and fresh.

Brown the meat or cook it if its chicken, ill add some chopped garlic, ginger and onion when its half way cooked so doesnt burn on the bottom of the wok

Remove the meat and put all the veges in and cook for afew minutes. add the rest of the chopped garlic, ginger and onion cook for a min or two

Put the meat back in, put the sauce, stir the sauce through and its done. Nothing fancy but it goes alright.

As I cook in bulk my sauce is generally 200-300 mls depending how much food im cooking. I normally go about half vegetable stock, half soy sauce and add some honey to sweeten it up. Also you can use Indonesian soy sauce which is very sweet so you dont have to add honey, its called something like Kecap Manis.

When I first started cooking stir fry meals I just started with something really basic and slowly added stuff every week to see what changed about the dish and now im happy with my stir fry. With the sauce you can just experiment if you are going to be doing alot of stir fry dishes. Ive tried all different combinations of soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chilli, herbs etc but I just prefer my basic sauce these days as it doesnt over power the dish.

Last edited:
beef stirfry is something that i can never do good, but then again i dont like any beef that isent grilled over a coal BBQ.

il do a chicken stirfry- Good tip- Dont over load the wok- This will ensure to keep it really really hot and dont stop tossing and mixing the food.

I like to add

chinese lup chong sausage
Chicken thighs
every and any vegtable

and just a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil is more then enough for flavour

For beef, try marinating it first in a bit of chinese cooking wine, soya sauce, sesame oil and bicarb of soda. Stir fry it separately over high heat and then remove when it is just cooked.

The stir fry your chopped vegies with ginger and garlic, season with oyster sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine and sugar. Mix it with water and corn flour is a little sauce is desired. Then add the cooked meat back in at the last minute and stir through some chopped shallots. Yum!

yer i think marinate make a big diff - Also the stify fry beef strips from wollies are to thick i rekon - Asian grocer looks the goods :)

could almost bath in the MSG