• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fml mums kicking me out of home

Visit centerlink or hop online & see what allowances you qualify for.
Plus you probably qualify for a health care card which makes medical visits & scripts dirt cheap (which helps low income peeps to no end.)
Plus live frugally. You don't need things with bells & whistles, they only break. Plus make moving harder the more crap you have.
I love how in the big cities you have those dump scab days where you put your your large items on the footpath. You can score some awesome shit.
Always ask yourself when shopping, is it a want or a true necessity.

If you move out, don't forget your mum. They are a treasure no matter how crazy they make you.

Good luck!

Years back when I lived at home
used to pay fairly minimal rent but used to look after most of the gardening, cleaning out gutters, fixing stuff.

mocha you can't get work at uni working as a scribe or tutoring or private tutoring ?

For the last 13 years (up to July) I've been working multiple different jobs (up to 4 different jobs a week)while studying part time.Taking .... forever but its starting to payoff.

A good earner is get a fork lift license or even better do site safetey or road traffic controller course. The road crew traffic controllers seem to be mostly woman, mostly Irish (the ones around work at the moment) and depending on the shifts can pull up to 3k a week.

Shit that's amazing pay!

Thanks for the advice guys, except for getting pregnant look worst advise ever,
Although the boy is on good money

That is creepy Ryan.

To the op just get pregnant then you can go on single parent allowance and take 1/3 of some blokes wage every week.
I lolled. On both counts.

My parents need a lot of remedial massage, costs them a bucket load. Having me around to dig my elbows into their shoulders every now and again saves them lots of money and is mighty conveniant. It's worth any superficial creepiness.

A good earner is get a fork lift license or even better do site safetey or road traffic controller course. The road crew traffic controllers seem to be mostly woman, mostly Irish (the ones around work at the moment) and depending on the shifts can pull up to 3k a week.

every 2nd person has a fork lift licence and traffic controllers are a dime a dozen , traffic controller course are ran by job network providers to get the unemployed up and and skilled , there is a crap load out there , 3k a week is a bit far fetched unless you are working weekend nights and public holidays , going pay rate is around $22/hr

most are casual so your not working all year round ,plus are sub contracted , if you are lucky and get onto the construction crew you will be on union rates , but most of the time you are a sub contracter so on casual rates, working long hours and out in the elements

hmm i thought he might have offered to move out with me to help pay. his advice was to work more.
I dont think i can pick and choose how many shiftf i get at a bar, not my call
i get taxed so much because i claimed the tax free threshold at a different job i dont get many shifts for anymore that i dont want to quit cos its an agency.
i earnt 470 last week..122 was taxed :|

Last edited:
Shit that's amazing pay!

Thanks for the advice guys, except for getting pregnant look worst advise ever,
Although the boy is on good money

Forget about the boy and get a 'Man'.

==================================
OK. ok. Let me be serious for a moment.

1. Yes talk to your mum first to find out why she's feeling
that way and maybe you can come to an agreement.

2. Having to pay your own way is the best thing. Even if
you don't think that at that time.

3. If all else fails ask maybe a friends family who may have
a spare room they are willing to rent to you for a little
while.

All the other members have given good suggestions
anyway.

Good luck
Devante.
P.S. If all else fails Bella's offered you a place. Good one
Bell! You will be payed via 'good karma'.:p

lol You don't need a man to look after you! You're a clever, intelligent, funny girl with a bright & beautiful future all on your own. You can't expect anyone else to look after you in life, thats why you should & must be able to do it on your own.

Whether you're staying with your Mum or not.

I started babysitting when I was 12, I also paid rent from the age of 12, right through to when my mother kicked me out of home at 17. I thought she was incredibly cruel at the time & I will never do that to my own daughter, because its an incredibly stressful situation to place a young person in. But it seriously taught me so much.

1. Nothing in life was handed to me.
2. You have to work incredibly hard for everything you've got.
3. You can't expect anyone else to look after your intetests if you're not invested in yourself too.

I still think you should have a mature adult discussion with Mum & stay for as long as you can, but help her financially & otherwise in the interim.

But yes little chiquita, you are welcome here any time & I love you too ;)

Ive never known a traffic controller to pull 3k a week, I call bs.

I asked the 2 of the ones working out the back of the site here at work and they said they were getting 1.3 to 1.6k for day shift.
Said it was possible to get up to 2.5k depending on the employer , night shifts ,if it was a government job or not and how long the hours were.

Looks like standard wages is around $20 -28 an hour ,Some do 8 hours days some 10, some companies 12.
So yes I was a bit off.

Last edited:
Ive never known a traffic controller to pull 3k a week, I call bs.

Was thinking he same thing. 3k on a 40 hour week comes to $75 per hour. I use traffic management and they work out at about $400 per day per person, not including the management plan... This is payed directly to the company, not the staff member and is a Monday to Friday cost.

As someone highlighted, working on Union sites would net you a bit more but I would be very surprised if they were earning 3k.

lol You don't need a man to look after you! You're a clever, intelligent, funny girl with a bright & beautiful future all on your own. You can't expect anyone else to look after you in life, thats why you should & must be able to do it on your own.

Exactly, A good woman should practise living cheaply so she can support her man while he plays xbox and eats pancakes all day :)

I don't have a lot of experience with share accom in melbourne, I moved here a little past that point, but my brother has always managed to find cheap digs and pay his way with a few hours a week at coffee shops and bars, so its definitely doable.

I used to work around 20 hours a week when i was studying Comp Sci and didn't find it too much drama, It's the social life that can suffer, but (and nobody believes this at the time), there is plenty of time for that later...

I asked the 2 of the ones working out the back of the site here at work and they said they were getting 1.3 to 1.6k for day shift.
Said it was possible to get up to 2.5k depending on the employer , night shifts ,if it was a government job or not and how long the hours were.

Looks like standard wages is around $20 -28 an hour ,Some do 8 hours days some 10, some companies 12.
So yes I was a bit off.

for 5 x 12 hour days thats up to 87K a year,it took me 6-7 years in IT to be earning that! at 2.5K a week thats 130K, more than i make as a software architect , I should have been standing on the street with a stop sign!

All l know is my health teach in high school would bitch out the 'lollypop' people once a month for earning 70k to stand there and twist a sign around.

All l know is my health teach in high school would bitch out the 'lollypop' people once a month for earning 70k to stand there and twist a sign around.

Lol did she mean the lollypop ppl at the schools helping ppl cross the street or those at construction sites/roadworks? I dont know anything about the latter, however i know someone who is the former :she'd be lucky to get 400/week.

for 5 x 12 hour days thats up to 87K a year,it took me 6-7 years in IT to be earning that! at 2.5K a week thats 130K, more than i make as a software architect , I should have been standing on the street with a stop sign!

I'm getting 56 an hour as an engineer , 37.5 hours a week. 2 months since finished my eng degree but have been working in the area for a few years.

Then there's my little brother with no quals at all, dropped out of school at end of year 9 and pulling 120k as a IT contractor at caltex

Hmm... I get $51/hr (37.5 a week) :(

Thats what comes of starting your career in low paid NZ, and spending the last 6 years in the same job... must get around to getting a new job.

Have you thought about stripping mocha? Good money hours to suit your uni, doesn't have the same stigma attached to it as prostitution, gotta be easier than standing in the sun with a stop n go sign.