• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fml mums kicking me out of home

I got by for 5 years at Uni out living on my own. You find a way to get by!

e.g find others like you, to make getting a rental place easier - even if it's not that flash. Plenty of places like this out there with a spare room. Food - do share meals with housemates and make it in bulk. And work - I tried to fit in 4 shifts a week (Thurs and Fri nights, Sat and Sun). You get used to it, only made for stressful times when you had a bunch of Uni work to do all at once, right when you've got a bunch of shifts organised.

Perhaps cut a deal with your Mum - offer to pay some board while you get some cash put away so your move can be a bit less stressful / while you look for a place. Or pay board so you can stay at home until your study is done?

If you're only at Uni one day a week then working should be a major priority. Do the bar work if you have to, but I'd be looking for something in the field your studying. Even if it's just a shitkicker job, when u do finish the degree u can show prospective employers some directly relevant experience. It will give you a leg up (that's what she said) over fellow graduates who never worked a day in their lives.

If worst comes to worst, you can always seek refuge in my dungeon again. A-har, a-har, a-har.

If you're only at Uni one day a week then working should be a major priority. Do the bar work if you have to, but I'd be looking for something in the field your studying. Even if it's just a shitkicker job, when u do finish the degree u can show prospective employers some directly relevant experience. It will give you a leg up (that's what she said) over fellow graduates who never worked a day in their lives.

If worst comes to worst, you can always seek refuge in my dungeon again. A-har, a-har, a-har.
ive absolutely been trying to find a 9-5 kind of job in my field.
I think ive applied for over 100 no exaggeration
haha nice alf laugh

Hmmm my Mum kicked me out at 17, I never moved back home & left for overseas at 19.

Thought she was awful at the time, but its the best thing she ever did for me.

Yay! Little Mocha's moving to Brisbane to come & stay with Bella :p

You're welcome to :) Transfer uni to Brisbane, my friends restaurant/bar downstairs needs workers desperately, uni in between. You will attend Bella's bootcamp each morning & be forced to save your arse off. In a years time I shall be kissing you goodbye & putting you on an Emirites flight to London lol

If you stay in Melbourne, find share accomodation, close to uni. Its amazing how little you CAN actually live on if you have to little one.

My best advice however, would be to keep a clear, mature & thoughtful head & have a discussion with your mother about home life. It can't be as simple as you're just not home & you don't pay rent?

No emotions. No fighting. Be mature, have your head about you. Tell her what you're earning, offer her whatever you're able to pay that is reasonable from the wage you do get & let her know that you understand she's asked you to move out, but you're frightened because the job is new & unstable, talk her through a 6 month plan, whereby you plan on getting your shit together, saving responsibly, continuing to help her as best you can, with a view to more independant living after that timeframe?

People say things in the heat of the moment, a flash of anger. It happens all the time, especially between mothers & daughters! But your best bet would be to swallow your pride & see if you can stay at home, even if just for 6 more months chiquita.

Otherwise, you're options are share accom with other students, Bella's house, or DKD's dungeon lol

EDIT : Or GUZZA's swag :eek: lol

Last edited:
ive absolutely been trying to find a 9-5 kind of job in my field.
I think ive applied for over 100 no exaggeration
haha nice alf laugh

If you've seriously applied for this many jobs and had no success, then answer most likely lays in the presentation of your resume. In this day and age, it needs to stand head and shoulders above the rest.

I've had quite a bit of experience working up resumes that attract a prospective employer's eye. I'm more than happy to take a look at yours and make adjustments where needed. PM me, and I'll send you me email address.

In the meantime, I still like to think you can at least resolve this issue temporarily with your mum by offering to contribute rent of an agreeable amount until such times that you can find a place to move into.

Get your mum & head out for a coffee & have a good chat!

Seriously when was the last time you really sat down and talked about what your doing, what your trying to do, & how she's going.

Like Bella said above.

Hmmm my Mum kicked me out at 17, I never moved back home & left for overseas at 19.

Thought she was awful at the time, but its the best thing she ever did for me.

Yay! Little Mocha's moving to Brisbane to come & stay with Bella :p

You're welcome to :) Transfer uni to Brisbane, my friends restaurant/bar downstairs needs workers desperately, uni in between. You will attend Bella's bootcamp each morning & be forced to save your arse off. In a years time I shall be kissing you goodbye & putting you on an Emirites flight to London lol

If you stay in Melbourne, find share accomodation, close to uni. Its amazing how little you CAN actually live on if you have to little one.

My best advice however, would be to keep a clear, mature & thoughtful head & have a discussion with your mother about home life. It can't be as simple as you're just not home & you don't pay rent?

No emotions. No fighting. Be mature, have your head about you. Tell her what you're earning, offer her whatever you're able to pay that is reasonable from the wage you do get & let her know that you understand she's asked you to move out, but you're frightened because the job is new & unstable, talk her through a 6 month plan, whereby you plan on getting your shit together, saving responsibly, continuing to help her as best you can, with a view to more independant living after that timeframe?

People say things in the heat of the moment, a flash of anger. It happens all the time, especially between mothers & daughters! But your best bet would be to swallow your pride & see if you can stay at home, even if just for 6 more months chiquita.

Otherwise, you're options are share accom with other students, Bella's house, or DKD's dungeon lol

EDIT : Or GUZZA's swag :eek: lol
lol!
thanks Bella you're so sweet :)
Emirates! scwheeet
I think I should just move out. I might just wait a week or two to have enough money for the bond and rent in advanced and hopefully one of the jobs ive applied for .. gets back to me.

I got by for 5 years at Uni out living on my own. You find a way to get by!

e.g find others like you, to make getting a rental place easier - even if it's not that flash. Plenty of places like this out there with a spare room. Food - do share meals with housemates and make it in bulk. And work - I tried to fit in 4 shifts a week (Thurs and Fri nights, Sat and Sun). You get used to it, only made for stressful times when you had a bunch of Uni work to do all at once, right when you've got a bunch of shifts organised.

Perhaps cut a deal with your Mum - offer to pay some board while you get some cash put away so your move can be a bit less stressful / while you look for a place. Or pay board so you can stay at home until your study is done?

thanks for the advice.. yeah ive been hitting up gumtree and similar sites..

to the other guy nup ive never been able to get youth allowance..

ive made a budget on excel.. and i just scrape through every week

thanks for the advice.. yeah ive been hitting up gumtree and similar sites..

to the other guy nup ive never been able to get youth allowance..

ive made a budget on excel.. and i just scrape through every week

If I recall correctly - you can get Youth Allowance by earning a certain amount in a certain period to be classified independent. The other way is to "have a falling out with your family" meaning they've disowned you and kicked you out... they'll want to interview you all to verify that this has happened. Either way, if you can get classified independent you'll be eligible for youth allowance, a health care card and rent assistance.

I was eligible for this but only got the benefit when I was ill for a while. Pretty much when you earn over a certain amount it kicks out, so my 4 shifts cut it out most of the time. But handy to have it there if you can't work through exams or whatever or if you get sick, so you've still got rent money. It can't hurt.

On the housemate hunting front, I've found sites like flatmatefinders to be better than Gumtree, because people have to pay a small fee to use it, and you can screen people as everyone has profiles. It's like internet dating for finding housemates.

If you aren't able to get together youth allowance, a lot of uni's have support in the form of rent allowances and those sorts of things. Definitely worth applying for if you are forced to move out. But otherwise, keep trying to get another casual job together or try and get more hours where you're working now. Right now I've moved to Geelong (from Ballarat) but then again, I get youth allowance/rent assistance which helps me afford my rent.

Ryan has a fool-proof method of not getting kicked out: Ryan cooks, and occasionally gives his parents massages.

Years back when I lived at home
used to pay fairly minimal rent but used to look after most of the gardening, cleaning out gutters, fixing stuff.

mocha you can't get work at uni working as a scribe or tutoring or private tutoring ?

For the last 13 years (up to July) I've been working multiple different jobs (up to 4 different jobs a week)while studying part time.Taking .... forever but its starting to payoff.

A good earner is get a fork lift license or even better do site safetey or road traffic controller course. The road crew traffic controllers seem to be mostly woman, mostly Irish (the ones around work at the moment) and depending on the shifts can pull up to 3k a week.