• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Package Deal - Squat Rack and Bench

Oznut

Super Trooper
Yo, thinking of setting myself and my mate up at home with some equipment. Looking around the net, this package looks to be pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

Link

Hey Oz good rack looks quality. Coupla things to look out for though make sure the bar is 28mm not 31mm, the 31mm bars suck and the way the plates are made up is bad you want 2x 1.25, 2 x 2.5, 2 x 5, 2 x 10 and the rest 20's the 15's are useless and you can just use a 10 & 5 together.

Other then that looks like good shit.

Cheers for the info mate. I can own this for the same as two years gym membership lol. No waiting for some dickhead to finish talking on his phone, just get it and lift.

Oz, I've got the exact same package mate. Absolutely no complaints. Get the dip attachment.

Its not very much weight with it mate. Planning on adding some plates to the package or u got another source?

Gym direct are site sponsors...

There was a 10% discount for ausbbers....

Look for nickname the Hulk on here.... He is gym direct....

Hey Oz good rack looks quality. Coupla things to look out for though make sure the bar is 28mm not 31mm, the 31mm bars suck and the way the plates are made up is bad you want 2x 1.25, 2 x 2.5, 2 x 5, 2 x 10 and the rest 20's the 15's are useless and you can just use a 10 & 5 together.

Other then that looks like good shit.
yeah they have it set up weird... i wouldnt say the 15s are useless, the gym i train at had no 15s for a while, it was a pain in the ass lol i use 15s all the time now that we have them.

but as for their set up its odd, once you drop each small plate so theres only a pair of each, with 2 of the 10s and the 2 15s (if he decides he doesnt want them), you have 67.5, so even if you got them to make up the 60 in 20s, its 3... and you need the small plates to make up the 7.5, and even still then once you make it up you will have 3 2.5s and 5s lol dafuq

Oz, I've got the exact same package mate. Absolutely no complaints. Get the dip attachment.

Yeah, I had thought of adding the dip bars to it, cheers.

Its not very much weight with it mate. Planning on adding some plates to the package or u got another source?

I've got some weights here from an old bench I had years ago. I knew I kept them for a reason.

Gym direct are site sponsors...

There was a 10% discount for ausbbers....

Look for nickname the Hulk on here.... He is gym direct....

Cheers man, I'll hunt him down.

yeah they have it set up weird... i wouldnt say the 15s are useless, the gym i train at had no 15s for a while, it was a pain in the ass lol i use 15s all the time now that we have them.

but as for their set up its odd, once you drop each small plate so theres only a pair of each, with 2 of the 10s and the 2 15s (if he decides he doesnt want them), you have 67.5, so even if you got them to make up the 60 in 20s, its 3... and you need the small plates to make up the 7.5, and even still then once you make it up you will have 3 2.5s and 5s lol dafuq

I've never found a need for 15's. My mate who i work out with is generally 10kg or so behind me. Also, I think I've got it sussed on which weights to get. I'll still end up with odd numbers of 20's but it should be sweet for now.

2 x 1.25
4 x 2.5
2 x 5
2 x 10
5 x 20

Just a thought anyway.