• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repitition requirements

• Weight (kg) resistance

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Speed of movement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Range of movement

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Positive portion of the rep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Negative portion of the rep

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • None of above please specify

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • WTF are you talking about

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • My brain hurts

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
There is no most important Part. Without the other peices your training is useless

Isn't that the basic principle of slow on the negative but power/explode up on the postiive that sportsmen generally use?

Also ive never heard of a guy get big from just doing negatives but a lot of olympic lifters do fine with no negatives whatsoever

Also ive never heard of a guy get big from just doing negatives but a lot of olympic lifters do fine with no negatives whatsoever

olympic lifters do fine with no negatives, most of them lack muscle mass so there goes that argument

this is a bbing thread, just remember

Sorry Oni, but training to increase poundage by using overloading of negatives, isn't that an old principle (a Weider principle I remember). Is that overloading the negative seen as too dangerous now?

I dont get what you're asking. I dont see the problem wIth overloading a negative at all as long as youre not stupid about it. Pre exhausting the muscle comes to mind. If the question was rephrased to what do you think should be EMPHASIZED then i would say the negative as that is where the most damage to proteins occurs. Ive seen lots of people get big with hndreds of different methods though. If youre looking to compete then it jus boils down to drugs as the most important thing

olympic lifters do fine with no negatives, most of them lack muscle mass so there goes that argument

this is a bbing thread, just remember

Did you not watch the 105's in the olympics???
Lots of the cinese were jacked also

It's impossible for Olympic lifters to train negatives in a multi compound movement like the power clean and jerk. You enter the world of 'partials' there, among other things. Or just training specific parts of the overall movement.

I agree with Oni...what's the point in training a negative if it's 2 inch ROM...or with 5kg?? No one thing can work on it's own.

Did you not watch the 105's in the olympics???

channel 9 never showed it

105 30% bodyfat

ahh whatever. this is just going to turn into another powerlifters vs bodybuilding debate. which is stupid because this is the bodybuilding section.

I tuink youre missing the main point im making and focusIng on minor details. Im just sayin that i think its redundant as you need fast bar speed increasing weight a slow negative and decent range of motion to get the best effect. Why focus on one thing when you can easily have all

I dont get what you're asking. I dont see the problem wIth overloading a negative at all as long as youre not stupid about it. Pre exhausting the muscle comes to mind. If the question was rephrased to what do you think should be EMPHASIZED then i would say the negative as that is where the most damage to proteins occurs. Ive seen lots of people get big with hndreds of different methods though. If youre looking to compete then it jus boils down to drugs as the most important thing

"Pre exhausting the muscle comes to mind"
You're a funny young fella and a typical twenty year old

"Pre exhausting the muscle comes to mind"
You're a funny young fella and a typical twenty year old

Im just saying that performing heavy negatives above 1rm could be a ba idea and its much safer on the tendons to do thm when the muscle is tired so you need less weight

Power lifters, olympics lifters train the way they do because of their sport, I'm fucking sick of this, get it into your thick heads.

They also program in "exercise" there is a difference.

Power lifters, olympics lifters train the way they do because of their sport, I'm fucking sick of this, get it into your thick heads.

They also program in "exercise" there is a difference.

Pump the brakes there big guy....

Sorry couldn't help myself

I tuink youre missing the main point im making and focusIng on minor details. Im just sayin that i think its redundant as you need fast bar speed increasing weight a slow negative and decent range of motion to get the best effect. Why focus on one thing when you can easily have all

So that basic approach beginners are taught, slow on the negative and explode on the positive holds across most sports as ageneral training principle. But overloading the negative, too far above 1RM is considered dangerous?