• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Egg yolks almost as bad for the heart as smoking: study

something else interesting that i've been thinking a lot about lately is the omega 6 make up of our fats VS omega 3. Basically, the composition of animal fats is extremely dependent on the source of those fats in the animal's diet. fed a diet of grass, etc (ie, low o6, high o3), beef fat should be relatively low in o6, but given a diet of grains (high o6 and low o3) the beef fat will be very high in o6.

this is really a product of modern farming practices where grains and soy, etc are abundant and given to animals as primary food sources hence their fat make-up is skewed dramatically towards o6.

this issue also occurs with chickens - a chicken fed primarily grains containing o6 rich vegetable oils will produce eggs that are much higher in o6 than o3. hence, if you're looking at the influence of eggs on health outcomes, you not only need to look at the number of, but also the type of (ie, commercially farmed high-o6, or naturally farmed and low-o6).

we have 5 chooks in the backyard and are getting about 4 eggs a day at the moment (which i happily plow through) but up until a month ago they were on their annual winter strike and so i was largely eating shop bought eggs. I have full cholesterol numbers from a few weeks ago and a referral to go get some more in november (after 3 months of home grown, grain-free eggs) so i will be very interested to see what happens to my LDL numbers over that time...

see here for more info: American Friends of Tel Aviv University: Can Eggs Be a Healthy Breakfast Choice?

What about liquid egg whites, does anyone do those for pure protein.

I buy the liquid kind and drink it straight up (Rocky style!) they are pasteurised so no risk of bacteria and tastes fine kept chilled.

Plus I buy them from is direct from a VIC farm with free range, nutritious natural feed chickens.

natural feed

interested to know exactly what this is - our chooks are currently living off food scraps, the occasional bit of grain and whatever else they can scrounge from the yard so i'm guessing that they're a bit down on protein. when there's been obvious problems in the past (like feather loss) we'll throw them a big tin of tuna over the course of a few days, but this is a bit costly to do on a day to day basis.