• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Were are you comparing nutritional dada to?

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful.

I use calorieking to calulate all my macros. Are the readings really that different? I'd say if you pick a site and stick to it you should be pretty right.

I liken it to scales, they're all a bit different but if you use the same scales it should give you a pretty good indication.

just baffles me, ofcourse sticking to one database is good. Though that could mean your under or over eating,

Like one saying 100G is 36cals.....were as others are 70-100.

That's a big difference! I wouldn't have thought it would be so great.

Well I know cal king is pretty popular, intersting to see the most popular ones on ausbb.

The one that said 34cals is cooked weight.

Funny you posted sweet potato though as I had issues getting that right too.

If I can't check the label then I normally go to calorieking as they have the average of all entries option. Livestrong seems quite accurate too.

Yeah i am another one for Calorieking, but mainly coz of their food DB and a lack of knowledge of an alternative website of something similar.

I just started using MFP whats the general consensus is it accurate. Fucking brilliant with the barcode scanner on the android app.

Sorry should have read the op first. Does anyone else use MFP exclusively? It's so much more convenient than using a spreadsheet and having to input all my food at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I have found calorie king to be the most accurate. Unfortunately I have found so many errors with MFP data, this is a pity since it has many good features.
I still use MFP but cross reference Nutritional panel info.

MFP, i havent found anything better, very easy and convient. Though unless i scan the code of have the lable im iffy about the data,

Good thing you can add you own foods :)

You never REALLY know it's correct but sometimes it's blatanty obvious. If you know that C&P have 4cals/gram and F has 9cals/gram you can check macros that way.

I just hate the lazy fuckers that just add an entry and then just add the cals and that's it.

You never REALLY know it's correct but sometimes it's blatanty obvious. If you know that C&P have 4cals/gram and F has 9cals/gram you can check macros that way.

I just hate the lazy fuckers that just add an entry and then just add the cals and that's it.

Yep just gotta look at it and see if it's at least in the ballpark.

Cooked and raw weights are what catch most people out.

Last edited:
cooked and raw is a whole other headace, Ive gien up and jsut weight all my meat raw.

Vegies i dont really log, I jsut leave about 100-150 call buffer each day depending on how many begies ive had.

cooked and raw is a whole other headace, Ive gien up and jsut weight all my meat raw.

Vegies i dont really log, I jsut leave about 100-150 call buffer each day depending on how many begies ive had.

Raw weights are much more accurate because cooked weight varies so much due to the way and how long you cook it.