• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats & Stiff legs enough ?

mouse

Just a quick question about training legs , Are Sqauts and Stiff leg Deads enough to develop quads and hamstrings ?
I'm getting doms the next day so I know I'm hitting them but just wondering if I need to throw some other excersises in there too ? I was doing dumbell lunges but can't get a feel for them , always off balance and awkward .. Should I jump on the machines ? Been training about 6 months .

Thanks in advance people :)

Google Bulgarian Split Squat. Awesome lower body exercise. Can do these with dumbbells or smith machine (can stack the weight up a bit with these). Just be careful because they smash your hammies/glutes..

If you were to pick two best lower body exercises to do they would be Squats and SLDL in my opinion. So that's good.

Squats and deads, your doing it right mate.

Squat low for dem glutes too, don't know which added mass to where, but doing both certainly did it all over.

If your moving lots of weights and going for aesthetics, may want to do some claf rasies. but at 6months in, anything will do it.

What numbers you moving and your weight/height??

Edit, as sookie said, how often?

Bulgariun squats look brutal lol will definatly give em a go . I'm training legs once a week at this stage . I'm 165cm (5.4"?) so pretty short and currently weigh in at just under 60kg (was 53 january this year) , I'm squatting 70kg 4 x 12 and sldl 75kg 4 x 12 . Also do 4 sets of calf raises at end of workout . Thanks for the replys people .

Bulgariun squats look brutal lol will definatly give em a go . I'm training legs once a week at this stage . I'm 165cm (5.4"?) so pretty short and currently weigh in at just under 60kg (was 53 january this year) , I'm squatting 70kg 4 x 12 and sldl 75kg 4 x 12 . Also do 4 sets of calf raises at end of workout . Thanks for the replys people .

Train more often as stated.

As I understand though, you need to have rest days as well in order for the muscle to build up. As for how long the rest days should be, I have no idea.

Really ? 3 Times a week ? Seems like alot of squatting lol , I'm currently doing a 4day split , might throw in a 5thday just for squats + abs & calves or something ? Why is it i should squat no less than 2 days a week ? Legs seems to be growing pretty good so far ..

Really ? 3 Times a week ? Seems like alot of squatting lol , I'm currently doing a 4day split , might throw in a 5thday just for squats + abs & calves or something ? Why is it i should squat no less than 2 days a week ? Legs seems to be growing pretty good so far ..

Yep 3 times a week, crazy fun. Wouldn't bother with a split this early. just try and hit everything 2-3 times a week, better progress. I'm sure others will go more into detial about a program.

Surely you must get horrible Doms if your only squatting once a week or do you do deads on a different day? A week is too long to rest them, they get 'soft' (if that makes sense).

What are your goals, probbaly a pretty important question lol. Strength, looks, athleticism?

Goals would be looking good and general strength for work , which both have improved quite a bit . So I'm currently doing a 4 day split with only compound movements , I do

Sunday - Chest, Tris
Monday - Legs, Abs
Wednesday - Shoulders & Traps, Abs
Friday - Back , Bis

This is most weeks if I don't head out on the weekend .

No we are just joking.

Mouse, why are you asking the question and I'm trying to be civil.

No we are just joking.

Mouse, why are you asking the question and I'm trying to be civil.

Ok basicly I just wanted to know If squats & sldls are good for overall quad and hammy development .. the general concensus is that yes infact they are :)