• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bungeeman

Hi all,

Well following my 'introduce yourself' introduction, I figured I may as well jiump straight in and ask my first burning question....

What protein (preferably flavoured) would you guys recommend? In the UK I was using Syntrax Matrix which came recommended by a mate who was training in amateur strongman. And to be honest I found it to be one of the best tasting and seemed to work well for me. I've also used PHD and cytosport Muscle Milk- the latter also seemed good.

But I am open to trying new things so I am open to suggestions here. Am looking for quality, affordability (I don't mind buying bulk) and taste. What's popular amongst you guys on here?
Bear in mind I am looking to lose a bit of fat whilst retaining/rebuilding some muscle after a 3 month lay-off from the gym

Cheers

Bungee

Check out the site sponsors mate,
cant go wrong with Bulk Nutrients, cheap, tasty and good service.

Bulk nutrients, professional whey, bulk powders, no bull supplements.
all online shops all cheap, no fancy containers, no bullshit.

Bulk nutrients, professional whey, bulk powders, no bull supplements.
all online shops all cheap, no fancy containers, no bullshit.

Awesome, thanks mate. Sound like just the stores I've been hoping for. I'll check them out.

must admit I only use Professional Whey as I've found them to be the best on the market for flavour, mixability and purity. no funny smell either which is something that bothers me with some of the others.

must admit I only use Professional Whey as I've found them to be the best on the market for flavour, mixability and purity. no funny smell either which is something that bothers me with some of the others.

His stevia is awesome to hardly any bitterness best sugar substitute I've ever had. Service and price very competitive as well.

His stevia is awesome to hardly any bitterness best sugar substitute I've ever had. Service and price very competitive as well.

yep, agree. also, I've used A LOT of cacao in my life (of course :D) and I have to say Stephen has sourced the best raw cacao from Peru I have ever ever tried. It's the greatest. I only buy it from him now.

I know it's a matter of personal taste but i find PW's protein powders have better mixability than a lot of others, without the spakfillers. Plus the flavour is great and there's no funny smell.

The bulk discounts are well worth it.

Hey hadn't come across them, looks not bad value for 20kg. Did you pick the Aussie or NZ one? What about their flavourings, any feedback on those? Or do you buy that and mix yourself?

Hey hadn't come across them, looks not bad value for 20kg. Did you pick the Aussie or NZ one? What about their flavourings, any feedback on those? Or do you buy that and mix yourself?

I think they recently started offering flavours but I have been mixing up my own with their natural cacoa and stevia and I second what chilli said about the cacao it is awesome. I just mix up the 1kg bags in big bucket I got from the dollar shop.

I also got some cinnamon and vanilla flavouring from him for when I want to mix it up and it's awesome.

I usually get NZ WPI although the US one is great/just as good. I'm partial to the NZ one though :p

very good value if you buy in bulk, I've found, yeah.

I get unflavoured but I've tried the flavoured ones and they are fantastic. they use the products they sell for flavouring so the stevia they sell is used o sweeten it (no bitterness, it's really good), and the raw cacao, berries etc.

I think they recently started offering flavours but I have been mixing up my own with their natural cacoa and stevia and I second what chilli said about the cacao it is awesome. I just mix up the 1kg bags in big bucket I got from the dollar shop.

I also got some cinnamon and vanilla flavouring from him for when I want to mix it up and it's awesome.

he's not selling lucuma powder but you have to try the cacao + cinnamon + lucuma mixed together

swoon ... even cinnamon, vanilla + lucuma.

Lucuma tastes kinda like toffee/caramel. Brilliant food and wonderful flavouring to add to shakes or anything.

I get this one as it's really good: Loving Earth - Lucuma Powder - Raw Organic

they list stockists around australia on their site.

Thanks for the input guys, am kind of sick of going through 5kg bags so been looking for a cheap bulk alternative.

Could just add flavouring each time I go to use it this way, rather than trying to mix the whole lot up at once. And if I get a bit adventurous, could try some of my own flavourings.

that's what I do Stew...I just mix up whatever flavour I feel like at the time.
Gives you the best of all worlds :)

A nice way to get fruit flavourings in there without adding too many carbs and not make it a smoothie is to pulverise some freeze-dried fruit in a food processor and add that.

I've been using this brand, but there are others. Often found in health food shops or organic stores but you can buy directly from them:
http://www.absolutefruitz.com/index.php?x=home|^%601A

Last edited:
Could just add flavouring each time I go to use it this way, rather than trying to mix the whole lot up at once. And if I get a bit adventurous, could try some of my own flavourings.

I tried making up one shake at a time with flavouring but the stevia and cocoa are really potent hard to get the mix right it's much more forgiving when you make up like a kilo at a time. I usually make up a bucket of vanilla and a bucket choc so I have some variety. I keep some plain on hand cause I will buzz it in with a shot of espresso some mornings for a protein cappucino.

I tried making up one shake at a time with flavouring but the stevia and cocoa are really potent hard to get the mix right it's much more forgiving when you make up like a kilo at a time. I usually make up a bucket of vanilla and a bucket choc so I have some variety. I keep some plain on hand cause I will buzz it in with a shot of espresso some mornings for a protein cappucino.

5g cacao for a 30g dose of wpi :) about 1 tsp

stevis goes by less is more ... 1/16th tsp is enough for a shake!!

protein-n-more,

cheapest protein powder on the market. They even have choc pb flavour hnnnng