• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How you progressing?

SWH

Not sure if theres a thread like this yet but thought i'd pop one up anyway, delete it by all means if theres 100's like it but just wanted to know, how have you guys been going this year in terms of lifting and cracking lifting goals, physic etc whatever. how has your year been so far?

i guess i'll start off, this will be my first full year of lifting, i've found a new addiction and something that keeps me motivated and happy, keeps me out of trouble and gives me something interesting to study. its true that weights training is a lifestyle and it can change a person for the better.

So far i've gained about 19.5kg since starting, around 15kg this year i'd say. lifts are progressing weekly, went from a 100 dead triple to sets of 135 and yet to see how much i can crack for a triple or 1rm. bench i was starting off around 40kg, i've progressed to a single of 75kg, this will change hopefully this friday to a triple of 75kg. Squat, i've tightened up my technique and form and i've gone from a 60kg set to 100kg for sets and counting weekly. hoping to crack a 1rm of 120-130kg at PTC redemption.

enough about me, please how are you guys going this year?

I have stalled on a 95kg plateau.

Goal is to lose 15kg of fat before Christmas.

Then lean bulk from there, finally.

Strength is up. (squat 150-170kg, DL from 185-200kg (2.5" deficit), can't bench but shoulder is getting better slowly) Weight is up 5kg from 77kg to 82kg. Will start to cut again at the end of the month.

And I can now ride a unicycle for about 100m :p

I started at 70kg or so bench in April, made it to 100kg by June.

From June to August I have increased to 105kg, recently did 100kg x 3.

Progress was stupidly fast from April to June, no idea why. 70kg initial max was probably less than I was capable of due to poor form.

Progress sure slows down after a certain point, but with patience, persistence and sticking to the key basics - compound lifts, nutrition and rest - I'll keep going. Hoping to achieve 2.5kg - 5kg per month on the bench for the next 6 months.

As Stuart McRobert says, a 300lb bench press may not seem much, but how many guys do you actually see in the gym (out of all of them) who can do that? He also said 'if I could go back and do it all again, I would just focus on adding tiny increments of weight to my major lifts'.

I started at 70kg or so bench in April, made it to 100kg by June.

From June to August I have increased to 105kg, recently did 100kg x 3.

Progress was stupidly fast from April to June, no idea why. 70kg initial max was probably less than I was capable of due to poor form.

Progress sure slows down after a certain point, but with patience, persistence and sticking to the key basics - compound lifts, nutrition and rest - I'll keep going. Hoping to achieve 2.5kg - 5kg per month on the bench for the next 6 months.

As Stuart McRobert says, a 300lb bench press may not seem much, but how many guys do you actually see in the gym (out of all of them) who can do that? He also said 'if I could go back and do it all again, I would just focus on adding tiny increments of weight to my major lifts'.

a 300lb bench press sure seems enough!
thats very nearly 3 plates each side.... the world record set in 1916 was only 363lbs... (165kg)

51yo
A kg to the bar here and there and an extra repetition on particular workouts week to week, still progressing but slowly now, I take what I can get theses days.

My weight is stable.

weight is decreasing ,strength is increasing.
Back in the gym the last two weeks.
Dropped 25 kg since August 2011

aiming for under 95kg by christmas, currently 107.8kg.
More focused on getting rid of the belly than just dropping weight.
Both would be good.

a 300lb bench press sure seems enough!
thats very nearly 3 plates each side.... the world record set in 1916 was only 363lbs... (165kg)

Damn straight, as others have said it's important to keep your goals in perspective and feel rightly proud once you hit numbers like 300lbs. 165kg is absolutely massive, though it may not be by today's standards. It's instructional to note what the world records were before steroids arrived.

Or, you could take the other approach.... perhaps I should consider a training template something like the following:

August - 105kg bench press
September - Start using human anabolic steroids, work up to bench of 130kg
October - Bear testosterone arrives
November - Wolverine serum injections start
December - Begin taking post workout shakes made from the distilled essence of a honey badger
Jan 2013 - Bench 300kg! BOOM!

Progressing slowly, have focused this year on not constantly going for 1rm and working at 3 and rep maxes instead, has been working well, feeling strong, deads up to 210 x 3, squat 185 x 3, bench is behind but I am working on it.

Lifts are slowly reaching where i was before getting injured back af the start of june. Everything bar my squat as my legs/hips are still imbalanced. Changed all my lifts to paused reps for my strength exer ises and my bench and ohp feels much more powerful and controlled.Thinking of going low bar for a while with my squats, more p chain less hip/quad involvement and hopefully less of an imbalance.

Wearing oly shoe for low bar can be done right. They shouldnt negatively effect your leverage as they do with deadlifts...

still dont know where im at in terms of 1rm progress in this cycle, but lifts have been feeling solid without a belt, in the next few weeks ill have a better idea of where im at for my next comp in september, iv been addressing an issue with my benching, and iv got a sudden jump out of that, got 100 for 3 sets of 3 the other night, so a 100+kg bench at my next comp, will just come down to holding tight on the pause.

Progress is a little slower than I would have liked for the last 2 months...Had a few interruptions and now I'm nursing a shoulder injury that has stopped me from benching and overhead pressing, and may have to think about missing this comp at the musclepit in Oct...Squat has gone great just lately and I feel I can get the 4 plater, and then move close to a 200 before Oct. Deadlift is also going well since the switch to conventional and I'm planning to lift 5 plates within weeks...

Going great. Gained 1.29kgs LBM, have started dieting which is starting to show a few outlines.
Have to buy shirts a size larger to fit my shoulders and back into. Niiiiiice ;)

still dont know where im at in terms of 1rm progress in this cycle, but lifts have been feeling solid without a belt, in the next few weeks ill have a better idea of where im at for my next comp in september, iv been addressing an issue with my benching, and iv got a sudden jump out of that, got 100 for 3 sets of 3 the other night, so a 100+kg bench at my next comp, will just come down to holding tight on the pause.

I'm going in a comp soon first comp. with the bench, how long do they make you pause for? does it make everything so much harder? actually you probably wouldn't know the difference since you probably train bench that way anyway

I'm going in a comp soon first comp. with the bench, how long do they make you pause for? does it make everything so much harder? actually you probably wouldn't know the difference since you probably train bench that way anyway
iv found what i can triple is my paused 1rm.

so far iv tripled 100, and tonight i paused 100 and got it, might be able to squeeze out an extra 2.5 if i get technique spot on.

Progress is for retards.

Just eat maccas all day and watch tv.

That way u never have any goals to achieve and then experience set backs

cheers Trent