• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for in the gym?

60-75 minutes usually 5 day's per week. Totalled 550kgs with a dodgy knee hindering my squat 1rm.

I don't follow a strength training regime but do focus on dead, bench and squat.

To the dudes train > one hour, do you take any intra workout supps? bcaa's?
Even when I was averaging 2-3 hours per session last year and earlier this year, I never took and intra-workout supps. Closest I ever came to that was drinking milk between sets of cleans one day because I hadn't eaten properly beforehand.

Theoretical total of about 275, havent tested 1rms.

Generally train 3x strength and 1x gpp sessions a week at roughly 4hrs including warmup and foam roll afterwards.

Na. No need. If you have eaten anytime in the last 24 hours you will have all the BCAAs you need.

There's no need to squat, dead lift, get 8 hours sleep each night, eat carbohydrates, or take omega 3's. But i do because i find them all to be very beneficial and well worth the effort/cost.

There's no need to squat, dead lift, get 8 hours sleep each night, eat carbohydrates, or take omega 3's. But i do because i find them all to be very beneficial and well worth the effort/cost.

There is shit loads of BCAAs in all protein sources you eat. So hardly cost effective taking something extra that you are already getting plenty of anyway.

Last edited:
Hang on, where did you or how did you arrive at the thought that one doesn't need to squat, that's just crazy talk

Today was 3hrs.
Mobility work wrecks my life. 1full hour of mobility.
1/2hr Maccas run
1.5hrs dedicated to 3 lifts.

Leading up to nats, just my squat sessions alone in wraps were taking 3hrs. Those were killers.

To the dudes train > one hour, do you take any intra workout supps? bcaa's?

I've recently started taking two shakes to the gym. One I sip on during breaks in my squat work sets, the other I take after workout.

I only do this because squats take fucking ages atm.

Hang on, where did you or how did you arrive at the thought that one doesn't need to squat, that's just crazy talk

Because you don't need to squat mate, it's that simple. Would i ever train without the the big 3? hell no. But could i train without the big 3? yes. It's not a neccessity but if you want good results, imo you sure as hell better squat but you also sure as shit better have ate in the previous 24 hours aswell!

Because you don't need to squat mate, it's that simple. Would i ever train without the the big 3? hell no. But could i train without the big 3? yes. It's not a neccessity but if you want good results, imo you sure as hell better squat but you also sure as shit better have ate in the previous 24 hours aswell!

Very good

at moment, 2 hour sessions; one hour aerobics and one hour weights.

Dropping weight to 90kg, now down to under 95kg.

Can't do leg weights due to fracture, but upper body sessions hard with one minute max between sets.

I set a deadlift pb today with my only preworkout food/drink being the beers I drank 10 hours earlier.