• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

tablets

white lion

hey i want to buy a tablet , it has to have a usb port so i can connect external hard drive , must be able to play multiple format moives , want expandable memory , a fast processor and wireless connection , blue tooth ,

anybody got a tablet they love or hate , lets hear it

hey i want to buy a tablet , it has to have a usb port so i can connect external hard drive , must be able to play multiple format moives , want expandable memory , a fast processor and wireless connection , blue tooth ,

anybody got a tablet they love or hate , lets hear it

Honestly... I sound like a fanboi, but i use a seagate satellite wifi drive (500GB) with my ipad3 & AcePlayer and watch any movies i like in any format....

I have a moto xoom.. works like a charm plays pretty much everything movie wise not sure about connecting to a hard drive via USB though... Maybe checkout the Asus transformer with dock for that...

Agreed no iPad..

yeh i have heard ipad is a no go arera ,

thanks for the feed back so far i will check above mentioned devices

yeh i have heard ipad is a no go arera ,

thanks for the feed back so far i will check above mentioned devices

Transformer is a great device, although i sold mine as i found i still preferred the ipad personally, but as far as android goes, it is really very good.

If you can wait until october november there will be a few more models out including the new surface tablets from microsoft.

All depends what you want to be able to do with a tablet
and what computer/phone you are familiar with using.

Have had the iPad since it came out and it's great, does not have USB or expandable memory I guess so it won't suit your purpose, but it's the original tablet, and works a treat, and I have never had a use for those features, it does what it is designed to do brilliantly. It's not a computer or Lap top, it's an iPad, a device all of its own designed for its own purpose. I take it everywhere with me it has Wifi and 3G.

I still have the original iPad and am very happy with it, will upgrade to the latest one one of these days.

I did have the original iPhone till the iPhone 4S came out, so I tend to not upgrade that often as I believe the changes are not enough from one model to the next.

I will probably upgrade my iPad once the iPad 4 or 5 comes out.

There seem to be apple haters out there, I have had microsoft based systems all my life (45 now) upgraded to an iMac 2 years ago (scared the shit out of me wondering if I was doing the right thing) and have never looked back, so superior it is not even funny.

So personally I am sold on the Apple products they work brilliantly, do what they are supposed to do every time without fail and customer service and back up is second to none.

Last edited:
Have had the iPad since it came out and it's great, does not have USB or expandable memory .

Not quite true
You can get a adaptor that has usb but only a few things like some keyboards, some mice , one or two external hard drives work.
Allows sdcards and some usb flash drives

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)

The 3rd party ones are better than apples as they allow mini sd,sd, mmc.
Can get some with hdmi output and a usb port as well.
Look for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 ipad connection or ipad camera kits

Reviews: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit | iLounge

Seven Hidden Features of the iPad Camera Connection Kit | Mac|Life

Last edited:
Hey mate, I just bought myself a Nexus 7, i'm on dat der poverty time though. $319 for the 16gig version. No expandable memory though (also rules out the Ipad). Got Wireless and bluetooth. Also Tegra3 so its a weird quad+1 core system, doesn't load as fast as I'd expect, but I assume its got to be faster than any others. only a 7" screen but its IPS, and big enough for TV shows movies, if you want it for a train/bus. Will read off externals if its 'root'ed' so how tech savy are you? what kinda budget you on, transfomrers would be sweet with a dock if you have the spare money.

Android is only in its infancy. If you want the best experience with a tablet you're better off with apple.

Further revisions of android may see the gap close as may Microsoft's Surface

Me personally I find it no contest between android and iOS, android might be in its infancy but I like having a device that j can do what I want with and not be told by apple what I can and can't do with it. To me it feels like a really big iPhone...

I guess I just don't like the locked down ecosystem

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Yeah I have an Acer, has expandable memory and USB drive, only got the pov version. But still pretty good for what we want it for and there are heaps of apps out there for android its just a matter of finding the right one which is a little harder than just going to the istore or apple store of whatever, the eare still Android stores but just a couple of different ones competing ATM.

Android is only in its infancy. If you want the best experience with a tablet you're better off with apple.

Further revisions of android may see the gap close as may Microsoft's Surface

4.1 seems to be up there.
Had a play with it on a couple of devices and not bad.

Looking like a 7" ipad might be out before christmas.
Next iphone and ios 6 will be out in september (12th ???).

Have ios 6 on my iphone 4 , nice improvement is some things, big step back in others.
Apples map app isn't nearly as good as googles.
The map data is shit, street names are okay but a lot of suburbs are way off
and thats just for Sydney. Some rural areas are just plain wrong.
Data for Brisbane seems a lot more accurate than Sydney , though for some suburbs they have joined the names i.e Rothwell-Kipparing

You have to keep putting the state or Australia at the end otherwise it defaults to the US or UK - hopefully thats just the developer beta and gets fixed for the release version

Oh yeah, Nexus 7 runs Jelly bean so Android 4.1 (latest version), and tegra 3 is also latest hardware technolody too.

Haven't used IOS enough to really know whats wrong with it (same for Jelly bean). But I hate not being able to drag and drop, putting movies/music is heaps easy on android.

We have the first gen transformer. We watch movies and use it for basic web browsing.

I wouldn't mind selling it to buy one of the newer ssd transformer. I want something light weight much like the ultra book

Got the Transformer TF300T for my birthday about a month ago. Does everything you said you wanted it to do and then some more. It flies.