• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A newbies rack!

martz

So you may recall this thread regarding open vs closed racks. I ended up going with the muscle motion closed rack and basically my kids messy play area has gone from this:

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

to this:

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

and something to give me a hand with chinups:

IMG_4163.jpg

It's quite in your face and my wife was a bit shocked when she first saw it but she actually doesn't mind it and even said it suits the house hah!

That looks awesome. Hope it doesn't get toooooo hot in the summer - doing pull-ups with the fan on won't end up too well :)

is that kung fu belts?

I don't know much about this stuff cause I'm like totally new to all this but on gym direct website they call it strength bands but I believe they are also referred to as resistance bands? You can use them in bench presses and probably other exercises too, maybe squats?

I will primarily be using them for chinup assistance cause I cant drag my fat arse up otherwise lol

That looks awesome. Hope it doesn't get toooooo hot in the summer - doing pull-ups with the fan on won't end up too well :)

Yeah didn't think about summer time lol. I'll remind myself to turn the fans off haha. I work out early in the morning around 5.30ish so shouldn't get too hot.

What flooring are you using?

They're from iron edge, they are pricey but I guess you get what you pay for cause they are fan-fucking-tastic! I also have two of these in terracotta colour on order (5cm thick) for deadlifts.

I placed an order for these from UGE yesterday to rip up my abs.

That looks awesome.

If you don't mind I just had a few questions as I'm considering getting the same rack and bench from gymdirect.

How sturdy is that dip handle, like rotation wise?

Will a bar with weights clear the bottom support for deadlifts or would you have to do it outside the cage? Just ask because space is a bit of an issue for me atm.

Thanks.

Looks damn good

Did you get some kids dumbells so they can train with you ?

get them into good habits early