• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on the cycle diet or in other words (super compensation diet)

Fair enough mate, I dont know about you tho.. but i would love to be ripped to the shithouse and continue to stay lean and still make muscle gains and get to eat watever i want every now and again.

Pump...

Not saying you won't get ripped......

All diets work... Provided there is a calorie deficit....

If this leads you to success then happy dayz!!!!!

Many types of diets like this e.g. Lyle's UD2, Spike diet.

Total cals/macros over time is what matters most and some people love to have a mega "cheat" day. The diet that someone can adhere to for long term is the one that will be most successful.

That is bulking, the cycle diet is a way around doing bulking followed by cutting cycles................ bodybuilders bulk up then need to cut alot of weight to get in competition state ... with the cycle diet you stay *near ripped* conidition all year and adding solid muscle mass over time.... so when your ready for a compeition you will be near competition state already... therefore not having to diet 3 months to get into competition state.

That is bulking, the cycle diet is a way around doing bulking followed by cutting cycles................ bodybuilders bulk up then need to cut alot of weight to get in competition state ... with the cycle diet you stay *near ripped* conidition all year and adding solid muscle mass over time.... so when your ready for a compeition you will be near competition state already... therefore not having to diet 3 months to get into competition state.

What JZ said is not bulking... You miss the point...

There is nothing special about the diet your following... There just gimmicks bud...

And for the record from what I've seen JZ does look ripped all year round...

All diets work provided you're in a calorie deficit...

However if this program leads you to success... Then it is the right program for you...

What JZ said is not bulking... You miss the point...

There is nothing special about the diet your following... There just gimmicks bud...

And for the record from what I've seen JZ does look ripped all year round...

All diets work provided you're in a calorie deficit...

However if this program leads you to success... Then it is the right program for you...

I am being trained by scott abel personally, Its not some gimmick i found on a website and thought... hmmm shit this looks good i might try this.

All of scotts clients are on this diet and the results of his clients speak for themselves..... im saying you dont need to bulk up *unless ur really skinny to start with* then cut, then bulk......etc. You can stay lean and put on quality muscle mass.

To sum it up, this diet was invented by scott abel because it is much healthier then bulking followed by cutting cycles and you can look like a athlete all year instead of 2 months a year.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the increased use of drugs this past 20 or 30 years has contributed to this bulking/cutting business.

I fail to comprehend how you came up with my post relating to bulking?

UD2 is generally used for cutting but if you were to eat so that the total cals is around maintenance over the week, guess what happens? And what do you think would happen if total cals was above maintenance?

Same as the spike diet.

Same as the cycle diet.

Same as every other diet.

I fail to comprehend how you came up with my post relating to bulking?

UD2 is generally used for cutting but if you were to eat so that the total cals is around maintenance over the week, guess what happens? And what do you think would happen if total cals was above maintenance?

Same as the spike diet.

Same as the cycle diet.

Same as every other diet.

Sorry mate, i actually quoted the wrong person.

id rather split them over the week and eat like a dam king all day, then like a porper 6 days and binging one day day.

This is the quote i was referring to.

Sorry mate, i actually quoted the wrong person.

This is the quote i was referring to.

My post was not in relations to "bulking" aswell.

My point was.... If you choose to eat your total calories in 1 day or 1 week its makes stuff all diferance, as come 3 months...you will have the same calores intake if you stick to something weather you eat nothing for 6 days and everything on the 7th, Or you spread it even across all 7 days. Come 3 months...Intake will be the same.

Unless your able to explain to me, At the end of 3 months. Why would one be diffrent from the other if caloric intake is the exact same?

My point was.... If you choose to eat your total calories in 1 day or 1 week its makes stuff all diferance, as come 3 months...you will have the same calores intake if you stick to something weather you eat nothing for 6 days and everything on the 7th, Or you spread it even across all 7 days. Come 3 months...Intake will be the same.

Unless your able to explain to me, At the end of 3 months. Why would one be diffrent from the other if caloric intake is the exact same?

OP doesnt get it...

In this instance Scott Abel is the gimmick...

Its about leptin refeeds... Leptin being the major control hormone that controls testostrone and growth hormone. You see leptin is in body fat, and as you get leaner and leaner your body has less leptin to produce energy for the body and so on *meaning less testostrone and growth hormone* > Staying *ripped* is something that cant be maintained longterm and can cause metabolic damage.

This is what the cycle diet is based around. Staying in a calorie deficit until you lean out dramatically * around the 10% mark* and when you hit a plateu or energy and workout perfomance starts to decrease, you are then ready for the cycle diet.

Thats when the massive fuel *cheat day comes in* which will refuel glyocen stores and boost leptin dramatically > all of the fuel used will go where its needed> aka refueling muscles and so fourth............... instead of fat > 1 whole day of a re feed will fuel you up for a week, altho some people need 2 cheat days.

In conclusion, You can stay in a calorie deficit while making gains. and not have to do this bulking/cutting nonsense. Its actually proven being in a calorie deficit long term is much healthier then bulking/cutting cycles.

Basically a way of staying lean, In a calorie deficit long term and continue to gain lean quality mass over time.

Hopefully this explains it.

P.s im not saying this is a breakthrough diet that blows every other diet away, im just saying its a different approach that would be awesome fo follow, Having those massive cheat days would be epic, pizzas, tim tams, chocolate cake...etc and know its all going to rebuilding new muscle tissue.

http://www.scottabel.com/scott-abel-clients.php?client=client52 < this guy isnt complaining about the results.

Last edited:
lol @ staying in calorie deficit and and making gains

op, cutting weight is not that hard.. unless your going down below 10%

your overcomplicating shit

Basically a way of staying lean, In a calorie deficit long term and continue to gain lean quality mass over time.

and all while defying the laws of physics.

If you are gaining mass over time you are not in a long term calorie deficit. It's not physically possible.

Enough debating ive explained how it works. Stop with this, its all about overall calories in the long term garbage... its not about that. Like i said before its about leptin refeeds and manipulating your body to use all that cheat food (10 000- 15 000 cals) for muscle growth and energy, instead of storing it as fat.

My diet at the moment.

Meal: 1. 8 egg whites, 2/3 cup Oats

Meal 2. 150grams chicken, 2/3 cup basmati rice *cooked*, 2 cups of broccoli and colliflour.

Meal 3. 60 grams almonds, 1 cup tomatoe juice, 2/3 cup cooked basmati rice, 1 cup of vegetables.

Meal 4. 150 grams tuna, 150 grams white patatoe, cup of peas with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Meal5. 400 grams cottage cheese, 1 apple and 1 orange.