• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats in the smith machine

Bench in smith machine = need new shoulder joints. Only takes a few sessions of heavy benching.

cheers Trent

A friend of mine is a perfect example of this.

I squatted in a smith machine one time when I was on holidays. Felt totally unnatural. I wouldn't do it by choice.

op, he was probably doing smith machine hack squats, you cannot do them with free weight, think weighted wall squat.

Ive seen a Smith machine that moves on both x and y axis... so forward/backwards and up and down. A guy bought it for his house... I actually didn't know what to say. Although at least it moves on all planes of motion.

Personally for me I have no need for one nor would I use it for anyone training at PTC but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's place, somewhere, for something.
The gym I frequent has one of these. I must say I used it once for shrugs. It sux ass indeed. :confused:

I've used it for pull ups when my gym didn't use to have a pull up bar. No other uses I can think of.

While at gym tonight, I saw a bloke benching in it, then a trainer getting someone to do dead lifts using one.