• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stewstews

Small Fry
With a few other threads going on about certain bodybuilding supplements, one recommended a Vitamin E complex as a part of a stack. Thought I'd start a thread and see what the current consensus / experience / thoughts are on supplementing Vitamin E.

There's a few products out there specifically targeting Vitamin E (e.g. Toco 8) and my multi-vitamin as a comparison seems pretty weak in concentration (but as always supplement companies make it hard to compare). From dietary sources, nuts, spinach and olives are common in Vitamin E, but perhaps not at the levels of specific supplements.

The Toco 8 Vitamin E claims for example are:
*Clinically proven to prevent hair loss and increase the number of hairs
*Proven to help reduce cholesterol while improving the HDL : LDL ratio
*Maintains healthy artery function by reducing atherosclerotic plaque
*Helps support testosterone production by maintaining optimum pituitary & testicular function

So is Vitamin E a worthwhile supplement over normal dietary sources? Are the claims legit? For the effect, is this one worth the cost? Has anyone used / current use it who can elaborate on their experience?

I eat a large handful of brazil nuts, macadamias, almonds etc every morning.

So you're either saying that this provides all that is needed, or that if the supplement provide a much higher dose that this doesn't really achieve much beyond the nuts?

Opinions will vary stewstews, but E is an oil base and can be toxic is taken in excessive levels.

As with weight lifting, eating food and taking supplements should also be proggressive.

You need to find what works *for you*

Opinions will vary stewstews, but E is an oil base and can be toxic is taken in excessive levels.

As with weight lifting, eating food and taking supplements should also be proggressive.

You need to find what works *for you*

Sweet thanks.

Obviously on my own trial and error path, and trying to work out if this is one to look at further.

Figured a thread might help yield others trial and error experiences, and also help future newbies like me on what things to look at considering first.