• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strongman Grading Events - Aus Wide

adamklam

Squat Rack Pro Curler
bill_lyndon_poster_2012_standardyokelabel.jpg

Looks like fun!

What events are done in this.

Strongman stuff always looks more fun than powerlifting. Might be something I give a go one day.

What events are done in this.

Strongman stuff always looks more fun than powerlifting. Might be something I give a go one day.

Strongfit

Strong Fit Rules and Regulations

Important Information.

The concept of Strengthquest is to obtain a total which is all the four lifts combined all four lifts / attempts must be completed to secure a Strengthquest total.

Yoke – Log – Deadlift. - Farmers -In this order only.

Athlete must start the qualifier with the yoke, the Athlete must be able to clearly lift the yoke of the ground and move forward. The Athlete must be able to lift the weight and gain a distance i.e. must be greater than the length of the implement in the case of the Strong Fit Yoke implement dimensions it must carried a greater distance that 1.5 meters.

If an Athlete is unable to lift the Yoke and get a distance score he cannot progress to the next event.

Log – The same rule applies for the Log, if the Athlete can not complete a full Repetition based on the bellow rules he can not advance to the Deadlift Phase.

Deadlift – The same rules apply for the deadlift, if the Athlete can not complete a full Repetition with the starting weight he will not get a score and therefore not obtain a Strengthquest qualifying total.

Farmers Walk. The Athlete must be able to lift the weight and gain a distance to have a measured score i.e. must be greater than the length of the implement in the case of the StrongFit Farmers walk implement it must carried a greater distance that 1.5 meters.

Strongfit

Strong Fit Rules and Regulations

Important Information.

The concept of Strengthquest is to obtain a total which is all the four lifts combined all four lifts / attempts must be completed to secure a Strengthquest total.

Yoke – Log – Deadlift. - Farmers -In this order only.

Athlete must start the qualifier with the yoke, the Athlete must be able to clearly lift the yoke of the ground and move forward. The Athlete must be able to lift the weight and gain a distance i.e. must be greater than the length of the implement in the case of the Strong Fit Yoke implement dimensions it must carried a greater distance that 1.5 meters.

If an Athlete is unable to lift the Yoke and get a distance score he cannot progress to the next event.

Log – The same rule applies for the Log, if the Athlete can not complete a full Repetition based on the bellow rules he can not advance to the Deadlift Phase.

Deadlift – The same rules apply for the deadlift, if the Athlete can not complete a full Repetition with the starting weight he will not get a score and therefore not obtain a Strengthquest qualifying total.

Farmers Walk. The Athlete must be able to lift the weight and gain a distance to have a measured score i.e. must be greater than the length of the implement in the case of the StrongFit Farmers walk implement it must carried a greater distance that 1.5 meters.

Sorry, I'm stilll a little confused. If I choose to do say a 200kg Yoke, I only have to move it to 1.5m then I can move on to the other event? Is there a total distance to aim for? The last SM comp I did I'm pretty sure the Yoke was 30m.

The carries are actually more than that now but for some reason it hasn't been update. I think you have to move them 7.5m now.