• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How can newbs prevent shoulder injuries?

For the purpose of stimulating muscle growth it isn't a good idea to produce maximum possible power with a fresh well rested muscle.

In an exercise which consists of twelve rep's the first rep should not be performed at maximum possible speed but smooth and controlled, it's not until the final few sets you should be moving as fast as possible but the speed will in fact be quite slow but producing ten times as much power.

The first few reps of a properly performed set will include a so-called warmup, any extra time spent is a waste of energy wich is counterproductive to being able to produce as great as possible power to the final few most productive rep's of a set.

You're an interesting character

Using a warm up as a means to warm up the muscle is a stupid concept.

Using a warmup as a means to grease the groove is also silly.

I didn't even mention any of those things
I said that doing a shitload of reps removes pain from an area 100% of the times I try it