• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Absolutely agree. I was merely talking about the angle in which people make a judgement.

Would I goto a gym that had machines as well as free weights, yes. Would I goto a gym that had no free weights, no. As an example.

That's pretty much it, thanks.

The powerlifters vs bodybuilder arguments continue.

would I join a gym that has free weights and no machines, hells NO!

OP. cool looking gym there, probably busy as hell tho. I wanna get on that hammer strength gear reeeeel bad

My point was I dont think its fair to judge a gym poorly because its got machines, or even if its got free weights for that matter.

If anything it should be judged by what gear/people/atmosphere you need for your training to meet your goals.

Doesnt matter what the goal is.

What about Drink Machines?

I love me a nice cold drink after the gym!

Yeah word! I actually wish all gyms could have a fully staffed bar so after working out we can go and get hammered at the bar, thats where the moneys at!:D

Hell i won't even bother working out, i'll just stroll straight on over to the bar and hit it up hardcore;)

A good gym is one where you enjoy going to.

I am a member at a gym but still train at home often with just a power rack and a few bars and adjustable dumbells.

haha you could ask for a "junked Juice" cocktail haha.

Yeah you know it!

It woud give new meaning to the term "Pre-Workout Drink" lol! Could imagine it though aye, all the big bbers hitting the piss and then they start picking up dumbells and throwing them at each other lol, some guys get aggressive when their drunk, add this with steroids and i think you'll have a good time;)

I like gyms with machines.... Keeps more people out of the free weights area...

For me the best thing about PTC is the people and the respect that is shared when entering the gym... Attitudes are kept in check... People clean up after themselves and put equipment away after they use stuff...

Also got to love the fact that you can get a decent spotter who won't touch the bar...

I've got not problems with machines in gyms I just tend to hate commercial gyms in general. It's the people they tend to attract. I've never found one i actually enjoyed.

That's why I have spent a shit load on my home gym and love working out doing my own thing.

It looks like an awesome gym, don't understand how some would think otherwise. Having said that, I agree that atmosphere is important, but I also like a gym to have enough equipment that you don't have to wait and wait and wait. It looks like a proper gym, balanced for all lifters be it strength trainers, casual trainers, body builders etc. I would do a few sessions in there, but like some others have said, I don't generally like commercial gyms, not because they are crappy, but because they are always full lol.

My gym is always empty, unless I'm in there ;), and I can listen to whatever music I want, I never have to wait, and I can train however the fwaaark I like.

Home gyms rule

:D:D:D

Still, wish I had a few pieces of equipment from that gym.

Machines serve no functional purpose. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either know knowledge of basic human physiology or is trying to swindle you. Fortunately people are starting to 'get it'.

Our next issue before we reach the Übermensch: the realisation that just because something uses free weights doesn't mean its not retarded.

Ptc membership is cheap, they're too elitist to admit that the pecdec and legcurl got moved down the priority list due to funding.

would love a leg curl or leg press in the gym.. But atm funding is to be spent on more better equipment which will give bang for buck.

I love the gym. Enough machines not to wait when I want one, and plenty enough free weights, racks and platforms.

I love the gym. Enough machines not to wait when I want one, and plenty enough free weights, racks and platforms.

lmao thats good mate, but what GYM IS IT?? lol!

get a pec dec

You think pec decs are all their cracked up to be? They do isolate the pecs to a certain degree to allow maximum peak contraction, though for size/strength/power/endurance/stamina etc etc the pec dec is probably one of the shittest machines you can use for chest. Well this is for males who are training at a fairly high level at least. For women it may be different.

would love a leg curl or leg press in the gym.. But atm funding is to be spent on more better equipment which will give bang for buck.

A gym without a leg press lmfao thats some funny shit dude, i never knew this Thread was here for jokes and giggles, but TrentZor has prooved me wrong!:D

A gym without a leg press lmfao thats some funny shit dude, i never knew this Thread was here for jokes and giggles, but TrentZor has prooved me wrong!:D

My gym is sending a team to the world championships this year.
My gym also just had 2 teens total well over 700kg at a national event.
A lifter from my gym just won the Australian nationals, broke 4 aus records and 4 world records.

My gym doesn't have a leg press...... We do alright.

People will wait for upto an hour to use the leg press at our gym.. the free weighted one that is.. madness I tell you.

What is a leg press? I thought it was something used by the injured/geriatric to build up enough strength to squat with an empty bar on their back.