• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
But he isn't mate...

Really? has he had a go at you before?

I've used some machines in the past that i really think helped isolate certain body parts. In Bodybuilding a lot of the training is based on isolating body parts cause we try to get the maximum peak contraction possible.

So with the above being said, i feel that machines have their role in gyms. Also if you are injured then sometimes machines will suit you better due to the strict movement: they can place less stress on joints etc.

And then we have the elderly who sometimes use the gym, and machines are perfect for these people, also for disabled people and people in rehabilitation therapy.

Bottom line is this: Machines are extremely beneficial, not just to bodybuilders but also the general public, the elderly and the disabled. If anything we should have more of these machines for the disabled people, these are the people we should be paying attention to and caring about.

GoodAfternoonCrossfit.jpg

Those chicks have better shoulders than me.

That is the only thing i took away from that video.

/wrists

Elite Sports Performance
Muscle Pit
Slaughterhouse

Those are in Oz

Westside
Lexen
The EliteFTS gym

To name a few others

Machines have their place. They are great for isolating injuries for example, and I've used them many times for this.

Far better to base your perception of a gym in terms of what free weight gear they have available, or what kind of emphasis is placed on compound movements, not whether or not a gym as machines in its walls.

All "real" gyms would place a heavy emphasis on compound movements and have plenty of free weight gear available, like the ones listed above by Mr Hamburglar.

Dan and I would actually like a good leg press in the gym.

Call me crazy but I've never been into a gym I don't like.

The other thing I find myself doing is whenever I go past an empty building I imagine what it would be like as a gym.

I'm nuts

Thank God I am not the only one

Don't believe everything you think...

Anything that creates resistance against a muscle will stimulate muscular development, some tools are restrictive for some, a real gym caters for everyone and a good gym has people working there that can identify what each person needs.

Absolutely agree. I was merely talking about the angle in which people make a judgement.

Would I goto a gym that had machines as well as free weights, yes. Would I goto a gym that had no free weights, no. As an example.

Well Animal Kingdom, featured at the beginning of this thread, looks awesome.

Machines, free weights, its huge, well equipped, and has knowledgable trainers across a diverse range of training needs and staff and an owner working there who look like they actually work out and lift. lol

I'd go there and check it out, if I was in Sydney. It looks terrific.