• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Call me crazy but I've never been into a gym I don't like.

The other thing I find myself doing is whenever I go past an empty building I imagine what it would be like as a gym.

I'm nuts

I sense a certain level of angst towards PTC as we have 3-4 owners on the forum.

The diff between a PTC gym and commercial gyms is the atmosphere.

Throwing a bunch of great equipment together doesn't mean u get a great gym. Its the people and the attitudes that make it what it is.
Want great atmosphere? Try over a dozen guys squatting at once on a monday when it is 10 degrees outside and all pushing each other to do better.

Dont see this very often at other gyms? 5 racks all with guys in teams squatting what they were meant to be used for.
People who only do upper body generally dont understand.

PTCSydneyNewvenueSquatMondayRacksarefull.jpg

U dont have to advertise if your members are doing it for you.
Just provide the right level of coaching and facilities the rest takes care of itself minus the horrah and the smoke and mirrors.

The other thing I find myself doing is whenever I go past an empty building I imagine what it would be like as a gym.

I'm nuts

I'm exactly the same, generally every gym will have something unique, it's a like a new golf course even though it's the same game, no gym is ever the same.

Oh yeah and the empty building gym thing, their should be rule that if is empty more then a year it should be turned into a gym. So many wasted commercial spaces where I live and work although probably enough gyms.

Big difference in revenue needed for this gym compared to yours. It looks fine, machines for those who want them and lots of equipment for those who don't. Atmosphere, as Trent stated, is the most important thing. Going from the video it does not do it for me, probably perve to much on the girls rather than train.

I'm nuts

Found an awesome spot in one of the lane ways in the city. If only I had money.

Big difference in revenue needed for this gym compared to yours. It looks fine, machines for those who want them and lots of equipment for those who don't. Atmosphere, as Trent stated, is the most important thing. Going from the video it does not do it for me, probably perve to much on the girls rather than train.

I would expect that most of the equipment for gyms like PTC's and other independent hardcore gyms is mostly owned outright, or in the process.
Doesn't matter if you have mixed brands and old and new gear combined together, as long as it works and gets the job done.

These new gyms where everything is perfectly new and matching, are all leased I would suspect.
When times are good it can work.
When times get tough, many owners simply walk away and close business.
Gym closure equipment auctions anyone?

Well this isn't a new gym by any means but it has to be brought up in this Thread due to the sheer size/structure/pro-weights/pro-machines etc etc. This gym i'm talking about is Vince and Rozes: the biggest gym in the southern hemisphere. If you want hardcore dumbells and barbells with pro-weight then this is the spot for you hands down. Many pros have trained at this gym and guys from overseas often don't know many places here in Oz but they all know V&R Fitness;)

Rather than 1 or 2 peices of equipment for a particular exercise, V&R will have 4 to 5 peices of each workout apparatus you require. No waiting for machines etc is where its at in this gym.

Seriously guys, there are other good gyms out there besides a PTC gym and this one looks pretty good as far as equipment goes.
Some of the attitudes here seem to border on snobbery thinking that their way is the only way.

Aside from the fact that a bunch of forum members do train at PTC gyms (or would like to more often :p), the owners of said gyms contribute quite a bit to this forum, thus the general positive feeling toward the franchise.

Aside from the fact that a bunch of forum members do train at PTC gyms (or would like to more often :p), the owners of said gyms contribute quite a bit to this forum, thus the general positive feeling toward the franchise.

Are these PTC gyms good aye?