• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Skullcrushers vs Rope Pushdowns

DKD

Private Dancer
Is one of these tricep exercises superior to the other?

Which one?

Why?

I'm leaving Close Grip Bench Press out of the equation here, as I can't press due to a shoulder injury.

Just interested in people's thoughts on which is the better of the above two. Or is there another better tricep worker?

Dips is the other one I can think of...though I just don't like doing the upright version of them....prefer the leaning forward style to hit the pecs.

Bench dips is another one....I've tried this in the past, hands on one bench, feet on another.....feels good bro....good exercise, u can feel it working the shoulders and chest as well, but awkward to increase resistance.

For bench dips just add some weight lates on your lap for resistance. You can add quite a bit to make them worthwhile
Plus try putting feet on a fitball instead of a bench

I like upright dips but tricep press down with rope or bar are really good and should not tax your shoulder. Never bothered my dodgy shoulder

Yeah, never had problem with shoulder when doing pushdowns....or skullcrushers for that matter.

I can't be bothered doing 2 tricep isolation exercises in a single workout, so just wondering what people thought would give you more bang for your buck out of these 2 exercises.

Yeah, never had problem with shoulder when doing pushdowns....or skullcrushers for that matter.

I can't be bothered doing 2 tricep isolation exercises in a single workout, so just wondering what people thought would give you more bang for your buck out of these 2 exercises.

Cable pushdowns using rope instead of a bar creates a better ROM, making the exercise much more safer and efficiant.

I set to MMfatigue should be enough, no more than two.

Good question old boy.

Anyone over 40 will find that doing too many of those and chin-ups seems to, more often than not, create S.E.S.

Incorporate both in your routines DKD
Say, Dips as your main exercise with lying extensions for 2-3 months
Then Dips with pushdowns for 2-3 months and so on.

Stick with two exercises, no need to use your whole arsenal of exercises in the one routine like you see people doing so often.

You're speaking Goosey-nese brah.....haven't you worked out I'm anti-acronym, laugh my ass off. What's S.E.S whippersnapper?

Stick with two exercises, no need to use your whole arsenal of exercises in the one routine like you see people doing so often.

That's reasonable.

It's about the journey not the destination.

Thank you Mr Walken. I regularly do Chest Dips, so bit of tri engagement there, plus 1 tri iso. Skullcrushers was my preferred one for a long time. Then i got some mildish elbow irritation and moved to rope pushdowns. Dunno whether i should revisit skulls.

speak english

Ok.

You are speaking through your arse again.

I meant to write I don't beleive you are quite right.

You are as useful as a bag of hair

The worlds only living brain donor.

Please be more clear when you make a ignorant random statement