• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Goal and Competition Check In

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Goal and Competition Check In So we are midway through the year. hard to believe that we in the middle of June already. Each of us set goals at the beginning on the year. Time to reassess your goals, set new ones, and hone in on your next competition.

What are you goals for end of year 2012?

When are you competiting next?

my goal at the start of the year was to total 500 before i turn 17

currently have a total of 485.5 with about 5kg in the tank on deads, last comp before i turn 17 is september 16th... wanting about 187.5/100/220 - 507.5 give or take a few kg on each lift.

My goal of 230 deadlift is in sight, the 200 squat I am confident I will get in coming weeks but my bench goal will be way off I am thinking.

http://ausbb.com/general-topic/16086-goals-2012-a.html in case you forgot, like me

#1) Buy a squat rack so I can train harder.
done

#2) Maybe build my shed so the rain doesn't keep rusting my fkin weights.
new car, not gonna happen

#3) go from 8% to 12% for the winter and back to 8% again.
currently at 13.5%, still wanna get back to 8%

#4) stop buying useless supplements.
Done

#5) Bench 130kg, Squat 120kg, Dead 140kg. (this is what happens when you don't train legs and lower back properly for a year)
not going to happen, stopped training for strength

#6) like to be sitting at 80kg at years end.
looking more like 78kg at this stage

My objective of 300 dead lift is in vision, the 250 squad I am assured I will get in arriving several weeks but my regular objective will be way off I am considering.

I had hoped to lift in 2012 but injury and travel interrupted those plans.

As it was a comeback year, I had set some simple goals, that were within about 80 or 90% of what I lifted when I was younger.

Squat goal for 2012
I had hoped to hit a raw squat of 220kg
Achieved 3 x 200kg with some old knee wraps and two torn TFL muscles.

Bench goal for 2012
I was targeting a 160kg paused bench, 10 reps on 140kg and 30 reps on 100kg
Achieved 3 x 160kg T & G and 167.5kg T & G (no spotters for the lift out)
Did 9 x 140kg and 21 x 100kg

Deadlift goal for 2012
Was targeting 3 x 5 on 220kg (I'm wary of max single tryouts with my delicate back)
Achieved a couple of sets of four reps on 224kg

Power Clean goal for 2012
Had hoped to get in the vicinity of 120 to 130kg
Did a couple on 100kg and continue to be plagued by brachialis tendon problems

Bodyweight goal for 2012
Tried to get to 100kg
Achieved 97+ then started burning fat faster than i was gaining muscle. I think I have increased my lean muscle mass a little bit.

Overhead Press goal for 2012
Didnt have one, but put 90kg up a few times with room to spare.

Hmmm I reckon Im aiming for at least 560kg raw subtotal and 695kg equipped subtotal. I love a good subtotal, it makes deadlifting so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
115-120kg power clean and jerk

12.5 second 100m

100kg military press

135kg bench press (pause)

240kg dead lift

all at 93kg or less