• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Overtraining real or myth?

Overtraining is real

Like everything in this stupid industry, terms get skewed.

What tickles me is when some idiot suggests that you eat your way out out of an over trained state.
Or that a protien supplement will enable one to recover quicker between workouts.

Also I'd like to add that CNS "overtraining" is not the CNS itself, it is when the body stops producing neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin and adrenaline somewhat. I can go more into this if you like

Also I'd like to add that CNS "overtraining" is not the CNS itself, it is when the body stops producing neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin and adrenaline somewhat. I can go more into this if you like

This appears more of an intelligent reply than most.

No worries Oni, get back to us once you're done Googling :D

A bloke at gym overtrains in my opinion but seems to have a heap of size, so whatever works

I asked him about his routine

Day 1 - Calves, Shoulders, Arms
Day 2 - Hamstrings and Chest
Day 3 - Quads and Back
Day 4 - Repeat cycle.

Here is an experiment.

All sets close to fatigue, he'll go to fatigue if you want

BB press, 10,8,6 or Hepburn style, up to you
BB squat, 10,8,6 followed by a 20 rep back off set
SLDL, 2x10
Pullover to fatigue
DB row, 2x10
Chin-up pavel ladder style
DB bench 10,8,6
Weighted dip to fatigue
BB curl to fatigue
Farmers walk, BW to fatigue.

Do this every day with the aim of achieving some sort of progress in either number of rep's, kg's or ultimately both for the next three months and then report back.

A week Before you start eat a lot and rest, don't do anything.

72 hours before you start, use the "protien surge plan"

stock up the fridge on quality proten items such as soft boiled eggs, chicken breasts, swiss cheese, sirloin burgers, and would put all of this in a large tupperware container in the fridge and during the day snack out of it, at least every eat 2 eggs, or one of the meat items and then at night, would get up and eat as well.

In addition, eat regular meals, usually big salads and tons of fresh vegetables and maybe some brown rice.

take a high fiber supplement as well.

This worked especially well when I had been training real hard for the previous 4-6 weeks and had hit a plateau.

The results, solid muscle and strength gains in the weeks following this eating plan.

Let us see if overtraining is real, for a seasoned or mature trainee.

I doubt he would last one week.

Last edited:
I'd cry if I was doing that much volume lol
I would have to start pretty light I think

squat x3 a week at 220kg for 5x5 and you'll probably overtrain.

Do a moronic 5 day split you'll likely undertrain.