• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

topic of the week -What do you wish you had known from the beginning?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What do you wish you had known from the beginning?

Most of most likely start working out in the wrong way such as doing too much mirror muscles isolation work.

Knowing what I know now I would've chosen a beginner program with the big compound lifts and stepped right over the bodyweight workouts that i started with

wish i did more assistance and worked harder at it.
wish i realized my bench program wasnt working lol so i didnt waster 6 months doing stuff that had very little gains. but at the end of the day progress is progress.

I wish I didn't waste money on useless supplements....
e.g When Tribulus first came out, it was $50 for a small bottle of capsules
And so many others over the first 10 years of training, always looking for the magic pill, mostly advertised in the magazines.

Now, it's whey protein only.

Food is not the enemy.

All the stupid training I did early on, I'm fine with that. But I'm pretty darn sure I'd be 2 inches taller now if I'd known that eating is actually good for you.

Food is not the enemy.

All the stupid training I did early on, I'm fine with that. But I'm pretty darn sure I'd be 2 inches taller now if I'd known that eating is actually good for you.

Times two on that.... hard to grow when you never eat... didnt eat fuck all from year 7 - year 10.... Even after that l ate fuck all. Im still a midget when my whole family are gigantors.

What do you wish you had known from the beginning?

Pretty much what you're saying Admin.

IN addition, i'm happy my father started me on weights but i wish there was someone who took me past that introductory phase.

Times two on that.... hard to grow when you never eat... didnt eat fuck all from year 7 - year 10.... Even after that l ate fuck all. Im still a midget when my whole family are gigantors.
Sometimes it sucks to be a midget like us.

Food is not the enemy.

Yep - I started at 19, and am forever greatful my sister pushed me into it then, but I could have been 10 kgs base weight heavier I'm sure if I had started at puberty instead.

Combine that with decent eating through my 20's ... well, life would have been different.

Same as most. Wish I new that if I had stuck with a basic program and tried to lift bigger each session I would have improved my strength and overall fitness.

Also the relationship between food, rest and exercise and how best to use them together to achieve the best body shape.

I look back when I was young and followed numerous programs, from numerous people who all thought they new everything about body building/weight lifting. I tried so many different things to lose weight and gain muscle. I achieved great fitness but little change in body shape or strength. I wish I simply built up my squat, bench, deadlift and press and I would have achieved so much more as I'm starting to find out.

On one mind, I would have liked to have started earlier so that I would have had a chance to bail on UNI and enter the fitness industry.

On the other hand, since I have quite a large earning potential, I can use my engineering provided money to finance my foray into either supplements or a gym down the track.

I don't need to earn a million dollars, just enough to love comfortably. And I want this as a way of life.

I'm glad I started on beach muscle isolation bullshit.. I needed that confidence boost at the time
Wouldn't have appreciated the squat and deadlift and bodyweight stuff back then
C'est la vie