• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

throwing sports and the effects musculature development

Um, can you be a bit more detailed in what you're actually wanting to know?

If you play say 'baseball' will your arms get bigger? Is that what you're asking?

Say goodbye to a balanced body, as the dominant arm/side will develop more than the dormant side.
Unless it's a 2 armed throw.

They definitely are.
Wouldn't most, if not all of them have been bigger built naturally, before they even picked up a shot put?

Without a doubt you aren't going to excel as an amateur and get to that level unless you have the build for it. But it is a power sport so they gotta be strong. I don't really understand the op's question but I read an article online about shotputters and how they do really basic lifting programmes in the 3 - 5 rep range. So I thought I would put them out there as an example of a 'throwing sport'.

I was more thinking along the line of anterior delts being stronger then posterior and stuff like that all caused from playing baseball for years at an elite level

So for being a bit vague

l played baseball for..... 5 ish years (pitched). Looks wise my shoulders look exactly the same although my throwing arm (right) is a little weaker if anything due to fucking up my rotator cuff 'x' years ago and not doing anything about it... Its one of those ones that need surgery but not really a priority, just cant throw anything without my arm dying..

Common injury to pitchers

I can't seem to shake a bad case of tennis elbow

So you haven't noticed any imbalences in your shoulders?

Common injury to pitchers

I can't seem to shake a bad case of tennis elbow

So you haven't noticed any imbalences in your shoulders?

Nope, nothing different looks wise, just function due to it being fucked from throwing so much.... Never got a sore elbow though.. Granted l did throw pretty much side arm...