• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

topic of the week -What is the true secret to staying motivated long-term?

1. long term goals.
2. short term milestones/goals eg; reaching a certain weight/weight lifted.
3. who you train with. surround yourself with strong motivated people, you will get strong and stay motivated. same goes for bbers. for me personally knowing that there are people stronger than me gives me that drive, creating a hunger to get stronger.
4. seeing progress. taking photos to see changes in size, looking back through your log to see where your lifts were at a few months b4 ect.

Amen to every one of these.

This forum helps with [1] - there's no joy comparing myself to the school mums and holiday-makers in my local gym. But a community of strong bastards looking to get stronger, now that's inspirational...

I use a smartphone app to track workouts. Helps with [2] and [4] above. Looking at a 12-month graph can bring me up when I am sitting on a bench feeling blah.

Having some strong, motivated people to train with would be the icing on the cake. But when you work from home, having a reason to get out of the house and speak to some adults is motivation enough.

Anger and fear motivates me -
Anger - if Shannon can lift it why cant I? bastard!!
Fear - not acheiving my goal

Anger and fear motivates me -
Anger - if Shannon can lift it why cant I? bastard!!
Fear - not acheiving my goal

Lol ive witnessed shannons 300 deadlift in person.
Isnt comparing to other people a bad idea?

For me it is one word: Results

I am sticking to it because I get results that better my life, everything seems easier and better than before. Of course looking better and being stronger is great, but overall results are what I crave more of, a better overall quality of life. I also enjoy lifting, it still amazes me that you can transform your body by doing a simple thing such as lifting weight repetitively (although we sometimes over complicate this fact lol).

I guess it comes down to that old saying "You can live or you can LIVE", and the iron game lets me LIVE. ;)

I personally believe that this is the most important fact.

That is if you see results then you get more motivated to
work out harder. Which in turn improves your performance
which in turn motivates and drives you even more.

For me personally, this has been the issue. That is I've been
hitting gym's/exercising since I was about 16yrs old. Looking
that's almost 10yrs now. However, the results don't show this!:mad:

For me Results = 10% body fat and about 75kg's.

I must be doing something wrong. I still haven't figured out
which part of the equation has been letting me down.

That is lifting, diet or a combination of the two.

However, what I did realise is that my 'mental' torment would be
much more if I didn't try! So I keep persisting.

Devante.

Lol ive witnessed shannons 300 deadlift in person.
Isnt comparing to other people a bad idea?

Probably didn't express myself too well there. Yes you are right its not a good idea to compare yourself to others but by the same token don't limit yourself. I was told I would never run or lift again and now I can do both and it was anger that drove me because I saw people with far worse injuries than mine pushing themselves to lift/run and compete so I thought why can't I. The same with Shannon and I know what you mean I train next to the guy every night but deep down I have to ask myself why not - what are the things holding me back from doing the same and why am I not addressing these things if I am genuinely serious about being the best I can be. Don't know if that conveys my point any better.

Most of my lifting has been 3-4 months on then 3-4 months off.

Pretty sad. Tons of time I could have been gaining and I was just gaining and losing. Basically, maintaining the strength I had playing football.

Lately, I have set goals and told people about them. I find this a great motivator.

The desire to want your end result - has to be stronger than your desire to want anything else.

Everything in life, comes down to passion, drive, consistency, persistence and commitment.

The desire to want your end result - has to be stronger than your desire to want anything else.

Everything in life, comes down to passion, drive, consistency, persistence and commitment.

This sounds like a Michael Bolton song, Bella.

When love puts you through the FIRE,
and love puts you to the TEST,
nothing heals a broken heart like,
TIME, LOVE and TENDERNESS.

lmao

there is a beautiful musical lilt to all I do and say.....true story jamesy ;)

:D

Sounded like the end of a calvin klein deodorant ad.... you know at the end where they say shitty words that the 'fragrance' is meant to embody... 'touch' 'power' 'love' CALVIN KLEIN..... just kfg?.... Yeah...just kfg...

Sounded like the end of a calvin klein deodorant ad.... you know at the end where they say shitty words that the 'fragrance' is meant to embody... 'touch' 'power' 'love' CALVIN KLEIN..... just kfg?.... Yeah...just kfg...

lolol

you make a valid point, it wasn't the intention - but meh, it's a gift, who am I kidding ;)

lol