• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

vacations, switching back to 4 day routine

fqqs

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back & Biceps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Shoulders & Triceps
Weekend: Off

Chest

Incline Dumbbell: 4 sets for 6-8 reps.
Weighted Dips: 4 sets for 6-8 reps.
4 sets of incline dumbbell fly for 10 reps
4 sets of cable crossovers for 10 reps.

Back

Deadlifts: 4 sets for 6-8 reps
Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets for 6-8 reps
Cable Rows: 4x6-8

Biceps

Barbell Curl - 4 sets for 8-10 reps
Dumbell Hammer Curl - 4 sets for 8-10 reps

Legs

Squat: 6 sets for 10-15 reps
Extensions: 3 sets for 6-8 reps
Hamstring Curls: 3 sets for 10-12 reps
Standing calf raises: 4x10-12
Donkey raises: 4x12-15

Shoulders

Military Press: 4 sets 4-8 reps
Side Laterals: 4 sets for 8-10 reps
Bent Over Laterals - 4 sets for 8-10 reps

Triceps

Tricep Extensions: 4 sets for 6-8 reps
Rope Pulls: 4 sets for 6-8 reps

I plan to do this routine for next two months and post my results here.

Do you think it is worth trying this one?

Last edited:
Pretty good, set my PR on incline db press. 100lb x 9 clean reps

when it comes to back training I feel than even if I only do 4 sets of heavy heavy deadlifts and then 4 sets of heavy heavy pulldowns then my back is destroyed. and doms are insane next 2-3 days. so I decided to do only 3 heavy exercises. some pople can say that Im doing more sets for my chest than back. Yeah - but see - fly's and crossovers arent really THAT taxing . but if I decided to add another back exercise what would you suggest? I mean with every set of my workout I somehow loose focus ;/ so sometimes I feel like I had a better workout even if I did 8 sets instead of 16...

You cn try finishing off your back with some bodyweight inverted rows on rings or suspended barbell.
Even though it's not massive resistance, you can focus on good form and contracting the back muscles well.

Then you could also finish off with some pullovers or stiff arm pulldowns to squeeze the lats.