• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

An Open Letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger From Steve Reeves

There's more than bodyweight that goes into deciding who gets the trophy. All of those guys would have beaten heavier competitors.

I stand by the point that at 6' you need to be very close to 90 to look the part. 183cm and 83 kgs would look like a rake handle.

You sure? ronnie dominated because he was 295, mass has been how bodybuilding has worked since the 70s, hence why flex and levrone never won an olympia.

I'd say the guys who lost either came in smaller/lighter or not as conditioned.

Your 6' 90kg yardstick is what it takes to win state/national/world titles, it could at best be described as a genetic peak.

I'm going to stop trying to convince you. You will learn for yourself eventually, if you ever get on stage.

Bradsky that article is bullshit. Reeves had a similar formula and it was equally useless.

I'm 176cm and have competed at 85kgs clean in 2005. I wasn't 5% but I would have been 7 and there isn't 9kgs in 2%. With a couple of years prep I believe I could be 90kgs in comp shape. I have also competed under 80 and looked like a plucked chicken at that weight.

Your muscular potential is where you decide to stop.

For a 6 foot male, 90 kgs should be like the 140/100/180 or whatever it is. That's about where you make it out of the novice category.

I stand corrected Martin Berkhan is full of shit, I don't know how he could have got it so wrong.... makes you wonder why he hasn't taken the article down..

haha I sense that you are not serious. That doesn't really matter. Just don't let stuff like this into your head when you get close to his limit. Work harder just to prove to yourself that he is full of shit.

haha I sense that you are not serious. That doesn't really matter. Just don't let stuff like this into your head when you get close to his limit. Work harder just to prove to yourself that he is full of shit.

I'm serious, I had a look at some competitors stats (oli posted) and yer, natural mr olympia was 92kg at 6', which is 8-9kg heavier than the chart suggests is possible.

that's assuming he has always been clean.

I didn't really look into it too much when I first read that article, as I thought that Mark wouldn't write complete BS that can be dis-proven with 15 minutes of googling.

Warren-Clampit.jpg