• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I was was referring to reeves in that shot.

What the fuck are you on about??? Steve Reeves is long dead get over it & he was jacked as on test. I'm sure if gh was around in the 50's he would have beign jacking that shit as well. I'm not a huge fan of male modelling comps or bb as you call it but fuck ronnie is a beast, he is a animal how can't you admire his physique and hard work.

Oh how silly of me not to realise.:cool:

Why post Lee then?

Anyhow, it just goes to show you can have an aethstetic look regardless of the era you live an train in.
You have proved it with the Lee comparison to Steve.

Cheers.

I do think lee looks better then most of todays bodybuilders. still looks ugly as fuck and unnatural. I much prefer the steve reeves look any day...this crazy trend in BB today just to pile on more and more muscle regardless of how unbalanced the end results are, demands that pro body-builders take more and more steds, GH and other mad often expensive supplements, despite the awful looking aesthetics of the ridiculous ugly muscle bound and totally unnatural look....sted heads will always love to talk about how big or strong they are or how good other sted headed body-builders look!..its in their shallow nature to keep looking in the mirror!...i say keep body-building 100% natural, no cheating!..even if steroid users still claim they need huge amounts of dedication and controlled lifestyles and diets its still CHEATING!..and unnatural!...most modern pro body-builders today look bl**dy ridiculous & so unbalanced ...

Phil-Heath.jpg

Phil Heath looks just like what he is! a bloated meatball sted head user who has no desire to do things naturally....i mean just look at his bloated traps...ridiculous!

Don't start on the "Cheating" crap.

IFBB Pro's compete in non drug tested events so they are all on an even playing field.
Want to compete in tested Feds then go to INBA or ANB or other drug tested feds.

I like the big freakish look. That's my opinion, you don't, all power too you.

and to call them sallow.

Are you forgetting Arnold took copious amounts of drugs?

he's shallow too then?

and to call them sallow.

Are you forgetting Arnold took copious amounts of drugs?

he's shallow too then?

Shrek get with it mate the only real bodybuilder is steve reeves, didn't you learn anything from dc1138's threads. pay attention mate.

that ronnie pic is photo shopped. Oh stop posting pics of bodybuilders in their off season ffs of course they won't look as good. Did you ever see your "aesthetic" bodybuilders in off season?

"aesthetics" oh lordy lmao.

1 star thread

Last edited:
If someone likes the look of a naturial body builder as apposed to a juiced one thats all u gotta say really. If u want people to respect what you have to say, tell us about how much u love naturial bodybuilding and tuck ur negitive comments back into ur scungies! U dont have to diss a bunch of juiced bodybuilders to reinforce ur preferance.
Personally I dont care about anyone else or wat they do so long as they arent hurting me my family or friends. I feel it would be the height of ignorance for me to diss them, im not even going to begin to understand why they do what they do, I only care about how I look. Im not gona diss someone cos they are jakked on juice or naturial or are fat or skinny if I dont like the look of something I take my eyes off it. I dont like the smell of dogshit on the sole of my shoe but im not gona grab a soiled one and clean one, and take them to a dogshit lovers convention and try explain why clean is better how rude! Haha id expect a smack in the mouth and have my soiled shoe rubbed in my face for it!!
Steve Reves if ur reading this... First I eva herd of ya u ol chestnut, good on ya mate hope ur articles in the magazine go well! Ps I think dc1138 wants u to sign his pec haha

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIJ7qaIIHE&feature=g-all-lik]Serge Nubret Speech - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

I thought you were anti steroids?

So what test is ok but GH is evil. What is the point of this thread??

I thought you were anti steroids?

So what test is ok but GH is evil. What is the point of this thread??

I am. but at least Serge had balance, proportion and the classical physique bodybuilders no longer have today.
bodybuilders of his time(and some like Bob Paris) bodies are so well-proportioned. They all seem to have been dedicated to the ideal of the "natural" human form - trying to achieve what man is "supposed" to look like, just on a larger scale. None of their muscle groups look grotesquely large because they are all in proportion to each other. Some of them had some flaws, like Katz whose chest was too big for his arms and slightly too "wide" overall (this is probably simple genetics - he has a great build for a football guard, but not necessarily an exceptional bodybuilder.) But even Katz looked better than some of the guys who are at the top levels of bodybuilding now and for the past 10 or 15 years.

I see these guys now and I'm genuinely bothered by the way they look. There is no proportion to them anymore, not really. I guess you could say they are proportional for the "new" standard of bodybuilding that has been created by the overuse of steroids, but they are not proportional in any NATURAL sense of what a man's body is supposed to look like. I see guys now with gigantic bloated stomachs - they have six packs or even eight-packs, but the stomach protrudes like that of a pregnant woman. I see men with quads so ridiculously huge that their calves look like twigs, and guys with biceps and triceps so insanely swollen that their forearms are completely out of proportion. And these gigantic trapezius muscles that make their heads look tiny. This is getting totally out of hand.

I fully realize that steroids are not just "instant muscles" and that it takes an incredible amount of work to make the steroids enhance your muscle growth effectively. But what has been created by this overuse of steroids, is a culture of bodybuilding where sheer size is favored over proportion. All you need to do is take a look at any current contestants in the major bodybuilding competitions to see how mutated the sport has become since the days of Pumping Iron.

It bothers me very much. When I see the old photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Serge Nubret, Steve Reeves and Ed Corney and other classic BB-ers, they look to me like Greek statues or paintings by Renaissance artists. They had such incredible proportion - and when you see pictures of them (in the book version of Pumping Iron) with regular clothes on, they don't even look that different from an average guy at first because the proportions are so perfect. When you take a minute and think about it, you realize that they are HUGE compared to the average man, but it's a matter of SCALE. Despite their huge muscular size they retained the proportions of the natural male physique. I fully realize that these guys took steroids, but they did not do it at anywhere near the level of the bodybuilders now, who use not only synthetic testosterone but also human growth hormone and "synthol" (which is essentially just oil which is injected straight into the muscles to puff up their size.)

But of course, today, it's all over. The big corporate sponsored bodybuilding events continue to award the prizes to whoever has the hugest, most steroid pumped body, and no longer care about proportion. Why does it go on? Why did the Weider brothers allow the physiques to get bloated with steroids? Why do the judges - many of whom are former BBers from the old eras - keep giving the prizes to these guys with unnatural physiques, these "mass monsters?" Instead of awarding them to the most proportional man?

Is anyone ever going to step in and blow the whistle and just yell, STOP! This is insane! Look at Pumping Iron! Look at the Bodybuilders from the 1940s-50s.. Look at those guys! That's the standard that we need to be aiming for here! There's no proportion anymore, and too much steroid abuse! Can someone be the "savior" of modern bodybuilding and "turn it around" so it goes back to the old days?

Or is it lost and completely unsalvageable?

Serge's physique is amazing. even tho he is not natural.

I found it interesting that he says todays bodybuilders look too big.

9a76eb6e68047631aef81955bf721846.jpg

c6e3ab23dfcc5c8c27a539021247f6a3.jpg

4aeb1989f0fd548e67e30cadbb2f2c7c.jpg

cool story bro.

Times have changed.

Go complain about how your milk is now $1 and how the good old days it was $0.5 for 2 litres.

Times have changed.

Dull youtube vid. I thought it'd be, you know, someone talking.

Anyway, it would be remarkable if Steve Reeves had used steroids before they were ever actually tried in the USA. John Ziegler talked to some Russians in 1954 and found out they were using them, he went back to the US and experimented on himself, Bob Hoffman, John Grimek and a couple of others floating around Hoffman's place. He developed Dianabol, which the US FDA allowed for sale in 1958. The whole US lifting team took it for the 1960 Rome Olympics.

It appears to have been a bit slower to catch on among bodybuilders, though there was more overlap between bodybuilding and weightlifting in those days. Anyway, basically no bodybuilder could realistically have been taking steroids before 1956.

Here's Steve Reeves in 1956.

Eiferman__Reeves__1956__LOW__MG.jpg

It's pointless to argue about what's an attractive physique. What is fair to say is that you should try to reach your natural potential before trying to exceed it with drugs.

I would say it has de-evolved.

Look at this;

Yates_020%5B1%5D.jpg

in 1985 he had a clean, well-proportioned "classical" look like the bodybuilders of yore...by the time he was winning Mr. Olympias he was entirely about being as huge as possible.

I love how they put it: "Hope" and "Glory." "Hope" in 1985, when he has a classic proportional physique, and "Glory" in 1995 when he looks like a fucking disgusting bloated monster! And his face also looks like it's aged 30 years instead of 10.

The art will come back to something more proportional. I remember when everyone was clamoring about Tom Platz.. and I thought he looked ridiculous.

aesthetics,balance,proportion,health are just as important to bodybuilding as growing your muscles

lets face it dc1138

bodybuilding has evolved. The fans wanted bigger every year, well they got it.

Their is "classic physiques" bodybuilding sub categories... they aren't popular at all.

I find it hilarious that people think Steeve Reeves didn't take hormonas