• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best smart phone (not iPhone)

Interesting that people have difficulty with the galaxies...
I find it piss easy, just as easy as iphone...with a few features on top.
And my s2 has bee nothing but awesome. Cant fault the thing a year later...

Hey Kaz if your in a 4G area it's worth getting the S2 with 4G from telstra. Fucking internet loads nearly twice as fast on 4G wireless, it's quicker than the direct service line in the office.

I rang Vodafail and complained about the service in my area (Bumfcukidaho), they told me my phone is not compatible with the network they installed in my area (Semi rural) and sent me a new Phone:cool:
I don't think I have 4G in my area, but I know they are doing alot of upgrades to the network, however this new phone is to see me to the end of my plan with service.
I was going to hit up Telstra but their plans are a bit shitty and I LIVE on my phone!:p

A couple of mates have the galaxy 3 and swear by it. I was about to swap my Iphone4 for one when I see mum and dad a few days later with one each. All I can say is thank Christ I didn't get one cos I found it the most difficult POS to navigate. I spent ages trying to help them set them up and the old man spent the first 2 weeks trying to refrain from smashing it to pieces. They both still struggle with it.

Now I hate Mac computers with a passion but as far as I'm concerned, Apple nailed it with the iPhone for simplicity and easy of use. Yes, the G3 has some nice features like excellent display but it's user interface is simply retarded compared to the iPhone. Sure, the iPhone is not without fault but I really can't see myself switching any time soon, and certainly not to a Galaxy... ever!

DKD, I'm sorry to hear it was a no go for you. But I did have my reservations when you said you'd got one. I agree that iTunes is a PITA.

Yeah mate, the Androids generally have more layers to their menu system than the iPhone. I didn't mind that so much. I got largely used to the menu options, but you're right, much simpler on the iPhone. It was all the other crap I described in my other post that got me fed up.

new one is out in next fortnight or so if Samsung doesn't try and block it here

next gen version of itunes doesn't drop until after christmas.

Haven't heard if we're getting the amazon phone here or not,probably not for a while.
Going to be some fun tech out between now and easter.

ipad mini is supposed to be out before thanks giving in the US
New microsoft tablets will be out around the same time as will windows 8

Suggest you guys avoid the cars that have itunes for the built in music system
then again more than a few use windows embedded . Microsoft got in there and locked in deals before google even thought about it.

A couple of mates have the galaxy 3 and swear by it. I was about to swap my Iphone4 for one when I see mum and dad a few days later with one each. All I can say is thank Christ I didn't get one cos I found it the most difficult POS to navigate. I spent ages trying to help them set them up and the old man spent the first 2 weeks trying to refrain from smashing it to pieces. They both still struggle with it.

Now I hate Mac computers with a passion but as far as I'm concerned, Apple nailed it with the iPhone for simplicity and easy of use. Yes, the G3 has some nice features like excellent display but it's user interface is simply retarded compared to the iPhone. Sure, the iPhone is not without fault but I really can't see myself switching any time soon, and certainly not to a Galaxy... ever!

DKD, I'm sorry to hear it was a no go for you. But I did have my reservations when you said you'd got one. I agree that iTunes is a PITA.

it's funny cos it goes both ways - i've been using androids for nearly 5 years now and i can't for the life of me figure out how to do anything on an iphone...

it's funny cos it goes both ways - i've been using androids for nearly 5 years now and i can't for the life of me figure out how to do anything on an iphone...

I don't believe that. Even my mum worked out how to use her iPhone on her own.

I dont understand how having one more menu layer, an index button, and a back button makes it an inferior system lol.
In my eyes, if anything it makes it much more user friendly.

I've had an Android Smartphone for over 2 years and a Tablet for 1year.
One thing worth noting is I use about 4 apps only, excessive features just slow the phone/tablet down.

next gen android phones are all dualcore 1.5 -1.8GHz or 1.5GHz quad core chips.

android is winning the sales, while Apple sucks down the profits.

Samsung has to sell multiple galaxies to get the same profit as Apple does on a iphone.

Main reason is economy of scale. Apple has one model with 3 versions where as Samsung has 2 or 3 models with up to 3 or 4 versions per country and a slightly different version for each carrier(phone company). Samsung uses different circuit boards and chips in different countries models of the same phone.

New iphone supposedly has a different dock connector (smaller) and headphone socket on the bottom.

Android is easier to develop for but you can't performance tune your app as much ,a lot is dependent on the virtual machine(dalvik) where as with ios you need to work at a lower level and you get more control over how your app runs.

Can work at a lower level on android as well but 99.999% of developers don't.

Unfortunately it looks like all the new phones are getting larger even iphone.
Some of samsungs look to be larger than the galaxy note.

I like a phone to fit in shirt and trouser pockets easily not require a belt clip or bag to carry it.

Android is easier to develop for but you can't performance tune your app as much ,a lot is dependent on the virtual machine(dalvik) where as with ios you need to work at a lower level and you get more control over how your app runs.

Is this correct?

If you develop for Android you have to support JB, ICS, GB, Eclair etc.. There's apps on google play that still don't support holo. Not to mention you have to support a lot of different screen sizes and architectures.

Also, with iOS you get less control over how your apps run I would say. For example, 3rd party apps cannot use the super fast javascript engine of webkit. Whereas Android allows apps deeper access into the core OS.

Is this correct?

If you develop for Android you have to support JB, ICS, GB, Eclair etc.. There's apps on google play that still don't support holo. Not to mention you have to support a lot of different screen sizes and architectures.

depends. Its not hard to build and test on multiple versions, problem is that then limits you if you want to use new api versions or new features and you then up with almost separate apps for each version.

Also, with iOS you get less control over how your apps run I would say. For example, 3rd party apps cannot use the super fast javascript engine of webkit. Whereas Android allows apps deeper access into the core OS.

More control on resources. Sort of finer level control (but more work) on memory management on ios.
You can't use safari, you can use webkit.

Yes android does allow deeper access or allows you to use more of the core apps.

All platforms need to educate developer a lot better on multithreading/making their code run better on multiple processors.

Just had some ios app dev work dropped on me at work(on top of my usual fpga and microcontroller work). Also having to learn unity3d.