• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best smart phone (not iPhone)

The music player on this Samsung Galaxy S3 severely sucks llama scrotum. Tried installing Winamp and Poweramp apps but not fuarrrrrrrrrken impressed at all.

Might dig out the old iPod Touch just to use as an MP3 Player and use the Samsung for everything else.

The music player on this Samsung Galaxy S3 severely sucks llama scrotum. Tried installing Winamp and Poweramp apps but not fuarrrrrrrrrken impressed at all.

Might dig out the old iPod Touch just to use as an MP3 Player and use the Samsung for everything else.

Also... Android keyboards suck balls...

Nothing wrong with android keyboard...
?

Winamp still sucks?
I rate it personally...but then again ive been using winamp since its first release back like 190 years ago. :p

But yeah the standard player on the galaxies is pretty ordinary.

Nothing wrong with android keyboard...
?

Winamp still sucks?
I rate it personally...but then again ive been using winamp since its first release back like 190 years ago. :p

But yeah the standard player on the galaxies is pretty ordinary.

Tim... Its a pet hate for those who move from Iphone to android....

Interesting. I find them no more annoyong then the other(big fingers, they are all annoying :p )

Personally I wont go back to apple.
My gs2 is just that much better for what I use it for.

Anyone have any thoughts on the new windows and nokia thingos?
Or is getting to that point that it doesnt much matter which phone you get again? (ie all do the same shit)

Just swapped the earphones.....using the iphone ones in the Samsung.....holy sheeeeeeeeeeeet, quite a big improvement! Still rate the iphone as a better music player though.

Jeezus, I'm having a lot of trouble with the music on my S3. I'm using the Winamp app, and the music library is just a total mess.

I got myself a 64gb micro SD card, dumped around 7000 songs on there, and they show on the phone as a mess. I might have, say 5 albums for artist X, and Winamp splits it into 100+ albums, with only a couple of songs on each. The way they're sorted makes it very hard to find things.....just a mess.

So I thought I'll start again, delete songs from the SD card, and try a different approach. Then I got the message telling me some stuff on the SD card could not be deleted unless I remove write-protection. WTF? Now I'm struggling to work that out....reading various google searches and Winamp forum crap.....arggh so boring checking out forums without NSFW Hot Babe Threads lol.

Current status of S3 = dog's breakfast.

Jeezus, I'm having a lot of trouble with the music on my S3. I'm using the Winamp app, and the music library is just a total mess.

I got myself a 64gb micro SD card, dumped around 7000 songs on there, and they show on the phone as a mess. I might have, say 5 albums for artist X, and Winamp splits it into 100+ albums, with only a couple of songs on each. The way they're sorted makes it very hard to find things.....just a mess.

So I thought I'll start again, delete songs from the SD card, and try a different approach. Then I got the message telling me some stuff on the SD card could not be deleted unless I remove write-protection. WTF? Now I'm struggling to work that out....reading various google searches and Winamp forum crap.....arggh so boring checking out forums without NSFW Hot Babe Threads lol.

Current status of S3 = dog's breakfast.

Sounds like your music collection needs a tidy up (metadata etc). Try this: MusicBrainz Picard - MusicBrainz - great program.

I let iTunes "organise my music" once, it screwed up the logical folders I had setup and separated them into a horrid mess. Possibly what has happened to you, and now it needs to be untangled? Either that or the metadata/tags are suspect?

I dont mind the iphone for what i use it for. still not quite convinced on the galaxy yet though. Bit in saying that, im generally quite easily persuaded ...

They are both quality. Both probably do what 95% of people require of them.
Go and play with them both side by side then pick one. Hell check out the other offerings too...lots of decent phones out there.

Righto, I've had the Samsung S3 for over two months and decided the other day I've had enough. I'm giving it to my wife and going back to the iPhone. It won't cost us any extra, so I've got nothing to lose in ditching the S3. Wife is happy, I'm happy, so all good.

Reasons?

The main thing I like in a smart phone is the music player. I'm always listening to my large collection of tracks, and the S3 is pisspoor in this regard. The first thing you notice is the music volume is much lower than the iPhone....annoyingly so. The stock music player in the S3 looks pretty, but it's very cumbersome trying to access albums and songs...majorly shit. Winamp app is a bit better in that regard, but it used to just stop mid-song for no reason. Poweramp app also played some songs in a very distorted way...bloody hated it.

The keyboard on the S3 also sucks, as did various other keyboard apps I tried. This post I'm typing would take 3-5 times longer on the S3. Very hard to change cursor position at times...damn thing just refuses to go where you point. iPhone keyboard is almost flawless IMO.

In summary, the S3 looks prettier, nice big screen and photos look great. But the iPhone is HEAPS more user friendly. Everything is so much easier. I'm so glad we're back together. I won't leave you again, my sweet darling iPhone. :D

A couple of mates have the galaxy 3 and swear by it. I was about to swap my Iphone4 for one when I see mum and dad a few days later with one each. All I can say is thank Christ I didn't get one cos I found it the most difficult POS to navigate. I spent ages trying to help them set them up and the old man spent the first 2 weeks trying to refrain from smashing it to pieces. They both still struggle with it.

Now I hate Mac computers with a passion but as far as I'm concerned, Apple nailed it with the iPhone for simplicity and easy of use. Yes, the G3 has some nice features like excellent display but it's user interface is simply retarded compared to the iPhone. Sure, the iPhone is not without fault but I really can't see myself switching any time soon, and certainly not to a Galaxy... ever!

DKD, I'm sorry to hear it was a no go for you. But I did have my reservations when you said you'd got one. I agree that iTunes is a PITA.

I'm getting a Galaxy S3 this week. No more double posts. Hallelujah!

Hey Kaz if your in a 4G area it's worth getting the S2 with 4G from telstra. Fucking internet loads nearly twice as fast on 4G wireless, it's quicker than the direct service line in the office.