• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does this image offend you?

Watched the news here lately mate, seen how effective gun control is?

Only people that lost their guns were law abiding citizens.

I can guarantee you our news looks like an episode of sesame street compared to over there.

Put it in perspective and look at the population.

Any bikie and shit pot gangster wanna be can get a semi auto hand gun. How has tightening gun control done anything to curb gun crime. It's heaps worse now then it was before the big buy back and ban on semi auto longs. It's a load of shit, who is the government to say its not okay for responsibe law abiding citizens to own a firearm

Have you ever even used one Bella?

Guns are fun, they are very fun and I grew up on a farm using them from a young boy. This deluded scare mongering of guns really has to stop, the only reason the Australian government took our guns away is because of the control factor, they can control an unarmed society much easier.

The reality is that guns are no worse than knives or any other weapon when used irresponsibly, it's not the gun that points and kills, it's the person behind it.

And before saying 'what about the kids that die from guns being left around' go and have a look at how many kids die from drinking bleach being left out.....it's a ridiculous argument.

THE PIC IS NOT OFFENSIVE, that's the reason the press is blasting it everywhere, so the deluded and scared can argue with the rational and sensible.

My wife was once like you Bella, than this year she decided to come and shoot a handgun at our local club..........Now she is like 'what is all the hubba baloo about?'
She was genuinely scared of them before shooting one, now she could care less and thinks the hype about guns is ridiculous.

And remember, crooks don't use registered guns, they use black market sourced weapons. And before you carry the argument that the more legal guns the more theft and black market weapons available, I call bull shit. I can source any weapon I want including machine guns and heavy weapons that have never been sold legally in this country EVER. It just so happens I know people who deal with this sort of stuff and can get literally anything I want, just depends what i would want to spend. Needless to say I wouldn't go there, but like I said, I could if I wanted and so could anyone with cash for that matter. It's similar to drugs, never sold legally but can be sourced at just about any party or night club.

Yes I have shot a gun, several times. My step-father owned rifles and had acerage when he met my mother and I was only 11. He taught me how to shoot. And I shot at targets mostly, sometimes cans all lined up in a row and I was pretty good too. :D

But yes, people kill people. And 'people' shouldn't be given free access to weapons that will aide them in their stupidity or intent.

If you're a hunter, or have a gun license - then you have a purpose for one. There is no purpose for guns in mainstream society or the homes of civillians. What for? Ask yourself what does a normal citizen need a gun for? Really?

I can't think of one reason. If you want to protect your property, have a baseball bat under your bed like my grandpa used to. I still sleep with a 4 x 4 under my bed, just in case. lol

Some people would be mindful with fire arms, some people would not. So why take the risk? Regulate them and ensure the people who have a need for them, have them?

It's just my opinion.

People who use firearms, should be educated and trained to do so. People who just want to 'own' one - should not be afforded that right.

I was just reading a news article last week, about a 86yo Florida grandmother, who had raised her grandson from the age of 3. She came home from the local club, found her now 21yo university student grandson, smoking pot in his bedroom - went ballistic and an argument ensued. Eventually she cracked out her gun, her grandson was on the phone with 911 begging them to help him, when his grandmother put 17 shots through him.

Her excuse?

"In that moment, I was just so angry at him"

She killed him.
For smoking pot.

Seriously?

All it takes is one rage filled moment where you 'snap' and you could kill another human being. Why make it easy for anyone to do that? I can guarantee you that 21yo young man wouldn't have died via granny slapping him 17 times over the head. :cool:

People do kill people. People snap, people can be aggressive and cruel and vengeful and at times, quite mad. Why give people a weapon that can make it easy for them to kill?

Like I said, it's merely my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

Nothing wrong with guns in general however, the gun laws in some American states are insane, why the fuck do you need to walk around in public with a gun hanging off your belt either concealed or open carry.
No wonder the cops over there are so hard arse, they never know which idiot is carrying a weapon on them.
It's fine to own a firearm however, there is no need for you to be carrying it with you out in public.
I agree with Bella, there is no reason for the regular citizen to own a gun.

Last edited:
People who use firearms, should be educated and trained to do so. People who just want to 'own' one - should not be afforded that right.

Ivan Milat was educated and trained. He was a licensed owner and a registered competition shooter.
He was educated and trained.

Martin Bryant was unlicensed and purchased a gun from a dealer who didn't ask for a license.

Point is, people kill people. Regardless of being trained or educated. If someone as psychotic as either of these 2 is going to carry out a crime, they will find the means to do it regardless.

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

I don't think theres any reason why people who live in the city would need a gun/lethal firearm. With the dumb ****s being more common and even bigger dumb ****s than before, its a horrible idea. As in Bellas example it only takes a moment or rage and a mistake to take someone life, if you don't have access you can;t make that big of a mistake.

Brick why do you think 'everday' citizens should have access to firearms, I could only see it making things worse. However I kinda agree with the whole 'when guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns', but I just don't think more people need more guns. America has a horrible gun crime rate.

What horrible is that paintball guns are A-class (is it A?), airsoft is completely illegal and so is other milsims. I want to have my fun with 'pretend' weapons and do some milsim stuff, but have have absolutely no interest in ever owning a 'real' or lethal firearm.

Ivan Milat was educated and trained. He was a licensed owner and a registered competition shooter.
He was educated and trained.

Martin Bryant was unlicensed and purchased a gun from a dealer who didn't ask for a license.

Point is, people kill people. Regardless of being trained or educated. If someone as psychotic as either of these 2 is going to carry out a crime, they will find the means to do it regardless.

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

Spot on deep and thanks to the legislation I am no longer afforded the right to keep my 8 shot remington to stop these psychos when they enter my home. Sorry 20 inch coach gun does not cut the self defence mustard. Now the anti gun lobby are trying to make it so even that has to be stored off premesis cause I don't own property. FFS

exactly. They will do it regardless.

So why make them accessible to the wider population, who are probably not psycho's or serial killers and just regular people?

Regular people, snap, they throw their kids off bridges and kill themselves planking and king hit eachother until one or the other is in a coma....the list goes on and on and on...?

What a human being is capable of doing in a moment of rage or temper or a split second of insanity, is horrifying. Why make it easier for anyone?

You've highlighted two mental cases. I'm not talking about societies 'extremes' - I'm talking about normal Australian citizens.

My opinion has not been formed through ignorance or being uneducated about firearms, because I was taught by an incredibly responsible man, who I love, at a very young age, how to be responsible with them and their use.

My opinion is formulated after living in North America for 7 years of my life.

And it is just that, my opinion.

Gotta love a good gun debate. It's up there with Religion, Politics, Alcohol, Obesity, drugs,

Can't touch this. LOL

Yes I have shot a gun, several times. My step-father owned rifles and had acerage when he met my mother and I was only 11. He taught me how to shoot. And I shot at targets mostly, sometimes cans all lined up in a row and I was pretty good too. :D

But yes, people kill people. And 'people' shouldn't be given free access to weapons that will aide them in their stupidity or intent.

If you're a hunter, or have a gun license - then you have a purpose for one. There is no purpose for guns in mainstream society or the homes of civillians. What for? Ask yourself what does a normal citizen need a gun for? Really?

I can't think of one reason. If you want to protect your property, have a baseball bat under your bed like my grandpa used to. I still sleep with a 4 x 4 under my bed, just in case. lol

Some people would be mindful with fire arms, some people would not. So why take the risk? Regulate them and ensure the people who have a need for them, have them?

It's just my opinion.

I was just reading a news article last week, about a 86yo Florida grandmother, who had raised her grandson from the age of 3. She came home from the local club, found her now 21yo university student grandson, smoking pot in his bedroom - went ballistic and an argument ensued. Eventually she cracked out her gun, her grandson was on the phone with 911 begging them to help him, when his grandmother put 17 shots through him.

Her excuse?

"In that moment, I was just so angry at him"

She killed him.
For smoking pot.

Seriously?

All it takes is one rage filled moment where you 'snap' and you could kill another human being. Why make it easy for anyone to do that? I can guarantee you that 21yo young man wouldn't have died via granny slapping him 17 times over the head. :cool:

People do kill people. People snap, people can be aggressive and cruel and vengeful and at times, quite mad. Why give people a weapon that can make it easy for them to kill?

Like I said, it's merely my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

What makes it any better if you said that same story and changed it to Knife? and she madly stabbed him 17 times?
It's the deluded manner in which she acted, guns are not dangerous, people are dangerous.

And why would a citizen need a gun? to shoot with obviously, whether it be for sport, hunting or self protection. I know this, I would much prefer to leave my wife and kids with a gun for protection when I'm away than a baseball bat. I think most woman are deluded if they think they could stop a couple of aggressive blokes with a piece of wood or a bat, not likely mate. And unlike popular Australian belief, not all people are wild gun wielding maniacs, you should know that, you have family that are shooters. If someone want's a gun they should be afforded the right to own one instead of being treated like they are psychos with a verge to want to kill people.

This argument is old, gun killings in Australia have been going up along with all the other types of killings over the years be it knives, or what ever weapon people use. Yet we have some of the strictest rules in the world for gun ownership, go figure?

I had great fun in Vietnam
When I was a kid I hung around the shooting range at mt Martha .
The blokes would let have a go, I love guns.

I don't think theres any reason why people who live in the city would need a gun/lethal firearm. With the dumb ****s being more common and even bigger dumb ****s than before, its a horrible idea. As in Bellas example it only takes a moment or rage and a mistake to take someone life, if you don't have access you can;t make that big of a mistake.

Brick why do you think 'everday' citizens should have access to firearms, I could only see it making things worse. However I kinda agree with the whole 'when guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns', but I just don't think more people need more guns. America has a horrible gun crime rate.

What horrible is that paintball guns are A-class (is it A?), airsoft is completely illegal and so is other milsims. I want to have my fun with 'pretend' weapons and do some milsim stuff, but have have absolutely no interest in ever owning a 'real' or lethal firearm.

Look at the stats that the sporting shooters publish gun crime has steadily risen since gun control was tightened up over a decade ago. Whats the point in taking home owners defense weapons when it is doing nothing to bring gun crime down.

Rather then making it less desireable to own a gun outlawing them has made it a cool must have accesory for every shit pot crim. People raised with guns don't covet them the way the new generation of crims now do. Its like drug control you can make drugs illegal but its not gonna stop people getting them and using them.

Look at the stats that the sporting shooters publish gun crime has steadily risen since gun control was tightened up over a decade ago. Whats the point in taking home owners defense weapons when it is doing nothing to bring gun crime down.

Rather then making it less desireable to own a gun outlawing them has made it a cool must have accesory for every shit pot crim. People raised with guns don't covet them the way the new generation of crims now do. Its like drug control you can make drugs illegal but its not gonna stop people getting them and using them.

what i would like to see with those stats is whether those who are shot at are infact playing on the other side of the tracks ( play with knives expect to be stabbed) or whether those people were your average joe citizen who toed the line and never crossed the line into the bad sector

I live out in the sticks have never had any trouble with gun , have a bikie club just up the road from me as well many drug dealers in the area and have never heard of anyone getting shot at

so my question to the gun lobby is whether the stats of joe average getting shot has increased or whether it is the stats of the crims getting shot at that has increased ?

OK, wife comes home, says to husband, I am having an affiar and want tto leave. He picks up the closest thing (a box cutter) and slices her throat.(True story)

A gun owner, (who doesn't have property) would have to drive to the firing range/gun club during open hours, present ID, take their own firearm which is recorded by the attendant with a listed reason as to why they need thier gun, police are alerted the gun is leaving the premises.... too much involved to just snap and just shoot someone. (Unless psychotically premeditated)

Gun owners can lose thier license and firearm for domestic violence, which happened to the Olympic clay shooter which resulted in him being unable to compete in the Olympics (can't find the story)

what i would like to see with those stats is whether those who are shot at are infact playing on the other side of the tracks ( play with knives expect to be stabbed) or whether those people were your average joe citizen who toed the line and never crossed the line into the bad sector

I live out in the sticks have never had any trouble with gun , have a bikie club just up the road from me as well many drug dealers in the area and have never heard of anyone getting shot at

so my question to the gun lobby is whether the stats of joe average getting shot has increased or whether it is the stats of the crims getting shot at that has increased ?

There is nothing in the stats relative to the persons criminality but they do publish stats on the legality of thr firearm and I can't remember the exact number but for the most part gun crime is committed using black market weapons also most of those weapons are handguns with a manufacture date post the buy back ie semi autos illegally imported.

I do agree with you for the most part its crims shooting each other but why shouldn't i be able to shoot some shit pot that comes into my home armed with a knife, that just seems like common sense to me, its not like he has broken in to wash my dishes or something.

Last edited:
Couldn't find the stats, tried looking on SSAA and even Australian bureau of statistics :(
If gun crime rates are already going up, I don't think its would then be good to give more people guns. Crime rates are probbaly going up in general, so it'd be worse.

Frankly I don't believe for a second that gun crime has increased as a result of the gun ban, more than likely an urban myth created by gun lobbyists.

Couldn't find the stats, tried looking on SSAA and even Australian bureau of statistics :(
If gun crime rates are already going up, I don't think its would then be good to give more people guns. Crime rates are probbaly going up in general, so it'd be worse.

ssaa put it in their magazine every year not sure where they get it from but I can try and dig out the issue if your interested. Its a very polarising issue I have had many a massive argument around the dinner table with family members who are pacifists etc.

I might just have to move to texas so I can open carry in the street.