• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupidest shit you have heard *bodybuilding related*

pumpiniron

This blog is about stupid retarded shit you have heard from people that have no idea what there talking about *which has pissed you off*

At work yesterday this guy i work with that thinks he knows everything about everything said to me..... Why dont you just take steroids then you wont have to eat all the garbage you eat and you can eat like a normal person (i was eating 3 cans of tuna and 100g of oats).

I didnt even bother replying to him as my knowledge would fall on deff ears, as this bloke is so up himself that the knowledge i would have given him, would not soak in.

Theres a reason why im 20kg bigger then him and 3x stronger.

This isn't a stupid remark but it made me laugh
I asked my friend to spot me on my last set of bench press as it was a weight I hadn't lifted before and he replied, "for fuck's sake, just lift less weight!"

Then he said nah you better not take steroids you dont want your dick to shrink anymore then it is now *laughs*........... me: *sigh*

This isn't a stupid remark but it made me laugh
I asked my friend to spot me on my last set of bench press as it was a weight I hadn't lifted before and he replied, "for fuck's sake, just lift less weight!"

LOL

thats funny,a while ago i asked this guy at the gym to give me a spot on the bench press, i said to him i also will need some help getting it off the rack, so he helps me unrack the bar and he walks off........ i was like wtf.

Apparently muscle turns into fat when you stop training.

This one always amuses me.

It was my understanding that muscle and fat are 2 completely different things.

I also find it amusing when overweight/or people that have never lost weight try and preach to me on how to lose weight.

some guy overheard some trainee PT's talking bout 21's, and he wanted to get up and slap them for acknowledging partial reps.

i-can-count-to-potato-meme.jpg

:p:p sorry :D

Last edited:

I also find it amusing when overweight/or people that have never lost weight try and preach to me on how to lose weight.

Yer so true, this woman i was talking to was saying she wanted to lose 20 kilos and that she was gonna buy superslim, (at that time i was cutting and had lost like 8 kilos) ..( i dont know anything about superslim), but i said dont bother with that shit and i went on to talk about u gotta eat less calories then ur caloric maintenance level and so on....... she then says,

her: so is eating sausage rolls ok?

me: no you have to eat healthy like me

her: I think im gonna give superslim a go

*3 months later and this chick is still fat and hasnt lost a single kilo*

Last edited:
Yer so true, this woman i was talking to was saying she wanted to lose 20 kilos and that she was gonna buy superslim, (at that time i was cutting and had lost like 8 kilos) ..( i dont know anything about superslim), but i said dont bother with that shit and i went on to talk about u gotta eat less calories then ur caloric maintenance level and so on....... she then says,

Wow, that sounds like my idioic sister....

She apparently knows everything to do with lifting, exercise and nutiritian since she has done a PT course and I know nothing, i have only lifting experience for 10 +yrs....

Her way of losing weight? Eating nothing and going on Tony Ferguson...........:rolleyes:

Oh, so that girl was wrong when she told me all my fat was turning to muscle? :rolleyes:
I like it when I get told that lifting weights when you're trying to lose weight is a bad idea. Because increasing my BMR is such a bad idea!

Any references to spot reduction
Any references to the ability of fat to melt (ie sauna, waist belts)

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

why can't she eat sausage rolls? as long as it fits her macros, right? in terms of body re composition, (and of course common sense) it wouldn't matter. your food is as clean as you wash it.

I was training 3 hours a day and gaining about 0.5kg/week. My dad tried telling me I was gaining weight because I wasn't doing enough cardio. No dad, I was gaining weight because I wanted to and chose to consume many calories each day to support my strength training.

My favourite story is of some PT who worked out at my gym although he didn't work there. I was deadlifting 130kg, I think, for 5 reps. He came over to tell me I was doing it wrong. I've had back issues before, so if someone tells me I'm deadlifting wrong, I'll pay attention, because I don't want to reinjure myself. My proprioception's pretty good, so I knew what most of my body was doing, but I was getting to the point where my upper back was feeling a bit iffy, so there was a chance of rounding.

Was my back rounding? No. So what was I doing wrong? I was putting the bar down between reps. Apparently the correct way to deadlift is to get up on a step box, hold the bar about a foot in front of you, keep your legs straight, round your back horrendously and not lay the bar down at all between reps. Even for an SLDL the amount of back rounding he demonstrated was awful. But besides that he clearly didn't know what a conventional deadlift is. So I told him: "You know, it's called a deadlift because you take a dead weight off the floor and you lift it."

He said: "Well then, I guess my personal training qualification doesn't mean anything after all," and walked off. His eyes weren't crying, but his ego clearly was.

I actually felt bad causing such a sooky response from him, and decided to go over to him 10min later and apologise in case I'd been too harsh on him.

He rewarded me with a 10min spiel about how 80% of the stuff that goes in your mouth has to be protein (and in the form of whey protein shakes, real food is worthless), deadlifts need to be done for high reps in order to train the calves, and putting the weight down between reps ruins the menisci in your wrists (for those of you playing at home, there are menisci in the knees, but not the wrists). I excused myself...somehow...and I don't think I've seen him since.

why can't she eat sausage rolls? as long as it fits her macros, right? in terms of body re composition, (and of course common sense) it wouldn't matter. your food is as clean as you wash it.

Well she could, but that is not setting a good example telling her that its ok to eat shit and still lose weight and another thing a high protein and good carbohydrate diet will work towards burning more body fat then muscle. eating shit like sausage rolls and crap instead of low gi carbs and high protein will just lead her to be hungrier faster and in a catabolic state . That is why you see skinny people but with big pot bellys.

Last edited:
Oh, so that girl was wrong when she told me all my fat was turning to muscle? :rolleyes:
I like it when I get told that lifting weights when you're trying to lose weight is a bad idea. Because increasing my BMR is such a bad idea!
Preserving fat-free mass so that, of the weight lost, as much of it as possible is coming from fat, is also a horrible side-effect of weight training for fat loss.

Well she could, but that is not setting a good example telling her that its ok to eat shit and still lose weight and another thing a high protein and good carbohydrate diet will work towards burning more body fat then muscle. eating shit like sausage rolls and crap instead of low gi carbs and high protein will just lead her to be hungrier faster and in a catbolic state *meaning burning more muscle then fat*
Back when I was working as a PT at Goodlife Edward St, I took great pleasure in hanging around the gym reception area eating sausage rolls, pies, pizza and KFC. Are you suggesting that this was not good role model behaviour?

Well she could, but that is not setting a good example telling her that its ok to eat shit and still lose weight and another thing a high protein and good carbohydrate diet will work towards burning more body fat then muscle. eating shit like sausage rolls and crap instead of low gi carbs and high protein will just lead her to be hungrier faster and in a catabolic state . That is why you see skinny people but with big pot bellys.

Jeez.... This one is going to derail the thread...

When starting a thread called "Stupidest shit you have heard" It is important to be cautious about what you post...

There are so many things wrong with what you just typed...

Back when I was working as a PT at Goodlife Edward St, I took great pleasure in hanging around the gym reception area eating sausage rolls, pies, pizza and KFC. Are you suggesting that this was not good role model behaviour?

Perhaps lol

I see people ate watever they want pizzas,pies you name it, but some people have shit genetics and it wouldnt work for them.