• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WPI vs WPC (taste-wise)

There shouldn't be any noticeable taste difference between the two mate, assuming the same flavouring ingredients are used. The texture of WPI and WPC is also very similar, but different to products like hydrolised-WPI or caseinate
Good to know. What does hydrolised WPI taste like? And caseinate? :confused:

As for the guy questioning whether anyone actually needs protein powder? Not for me to say, mate. Or you, really. :)

I was just eating more food (than previously), at first. And I'm about as skeptical a guy as you're likely to meet, ever. So yeah, I gave *all* the available options (that I could see) a hard look, and WPC/WPI ended up better value than whatever whole food source of protein I could think of. And hey, I still eat a lot, and mostly protein-based stuff at that, and I get plenty of vitamins, minerals, etc., from there. The protein powder just adds to it all, and ensures I get enough protein, all up, every day.

To each their own though - if you don't need a lot of protein, that's awesome. Or alternatively, those who do need it but get it from tons of meat or whatever - cool! I do, and this is the easiest and cheapest way (again, that I know of) to get it every single day.

1.5 grams pro per kilogram bodyweight? Without even trying. Plenty of whole foods out there to do that.

Who said you need a half kg of meat every day?
of course you don't only have to eat meat to get your protein :rolleyes:
that's just stupid.
BUT for some people (higher BW, higher targets for protein/kgBW) they might end up eating that much

heck, some fatties do that anyway, and nothing to do with being healthy or lifting weights :D

if you were 100kg, and 1.5g/BW min = 150g protein
meat is often 30% protein, so that's 500g meat = 1/2kg

OR you can eat a range of foods with lower protein content to make up the required amount...

the point being that a 30g scoop of powder + milk = an easy and tasty 30g of protein in the mix :)
if you want to do the vego thing, there are "green" ways to get protein also..

but totally dismissing milk products as a protein source is just silly ;) unless you are a militant vegan who feels sorry for cows?
besides, WPI/WPC are kind of whole foods.. just with a bit of water taken out :D

Last edited:
each to their own.. paleo, vego, carnivore, shake addict...

the only casein i've had tasted ok, but was for too powdery (like talc, would get everywhere :p) and didn't digest well.
Hydrolysed whey tastes nasty :p (opinions may vary)

for me it's a cost thing... (and a reducing meat fat thing)
about $27 per kg of actual protein for the WPI
about $90 per kg of actual protein for the scotch fillet steak I choose to eat :p

each to their own.

Last edited:
Do you guys actually drink protein shakes for their taste?

Shouldnt the real question be drinkability.

Whether or not chucking down a protein shake will force you to chuck it back up.

and also quality.

some of the worst protein powders i've ever tasted have been store-bought flavoured types. max's and aussie bodies were worst offenders.

;322581 said:
and also quality.

some of the worst protein powders i've ever tasted have been store-bought flavoured types. max's and aussie bodies were worst offenders.

Max's Vanilla and Cookies and Cream were good, but Max's Chocolate was foul. Slightly chemical.