• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Current Bulking Diet

PENMAN

I've already accepted the fact that putting something like this (or anything at all really) out into a bodybuilding community is going to trigger some seriously differing opinions and definitely some valid ones that will crush my current knowledge.

This was my diet based off 74kg male, 21 years, with goal being lean gains.

The macro I worked off, and the first time I have done so is 40/40/20.

Results so far, immediately lost 2-3 kg within a weak (Felt kind of like a detox) and then have been making steady gains since that initial week. Feeling full, feeling good.

This diet was based around my lifestyle, which on 10-hour shifts both day and nights means flexible and easy.
I have changed the multigrain bread to Helga's Quinoa and Flaxseed to get some EFA's due to my distaste for fish.

Meal 1
200ml Breakfast Juice
Creatine / BCAA's

Meal 2
Omelette (3 whites, one whole)
Two Multigrain Toast
Multivitamin (Optimum Nutrition)

Meal 3
60g Rolled Oats
Honey
Large Apple

Meal 4
Chicken breast 200g
Mixed Vegies
Two Multigrain Bread

Meal 5
Protein 80g
Full Milk 200ml
Bannana

Meal 6
Rump Steak 210g
Mixed Vegies
Brown Rice 125g

Meal 7
Casein 30g
Skim Milk 200ml

+ Two Skim Cappucino

GOAL
300g Carbs
300g Protein
66g Fat
3000 Calories

ACTUAL
306g Carbs
291g Protein
65g Fat
3025 Calories

I don't mind eating the same every day.

"Mixed Vegies" are the packs you steam in microwave.

I have attempted to allow olive oil into cooking steak, chicken and omelette. There are no extra additives to these.

Last edited:
The main thing is if it works for you. The macro's are good, the food is healthy. If you wanted to you mmay be able to relax on the protein intake a bit, 300g is heaps for someone of your weight. but if your happy to eat that much, more power to you. just make sure your not gaining too much fat with your 3000 cal.

Eat food types you enjoy, eat when you are hungry and the most important thing of all just ensure you are meeting minimum macro requirements within the appropriate caloric intake.... Avoid food avoidence, and ideas of high meal frequency being more positive than any other frequency..

Eat food types you enjoy, eat when you are hungry and the most important thing of all just ensure you are meeting minimum macro requirements within the appropriate caloric intake.... Avoid food avoidence, and ideas of high meal frequency being more positive than any other frequency..

Adding to Max and Bradsky, you could cut 3 or more meals out with high calorie protein shakes of near 1000 cals each.

Just for variety - should you get sick of stuffing your face.

Works for me.